Any Open Practices? North Devon w/c 10th July

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by P_S_Price, Jul 5, 2010.

1. P_S_Price

P_S_Price Member

Sad or what but I am on holiday for 2 weeks in North Devon (Bideford), commencing 10th July, and was wondering if any bands in that area would welcome a very temporary visitor?

I know that Bideford Town Band have made me very welcome in the past, but are there any others?

I will play anything form 3rd Cornet -> Eb Bass (Excl Bass Trom - rubbish @ Bass Clef).

Any info on concerts/events etc greatly received too.
  2. Martin

Martin Member

Try Tiverton Town Band. I know it's not exactly North Devon (more Mid Devon) but my brother plays Bass Trom for them and they are a friendly lot! :)
  3. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

South Molton Band are just down the road from Bideford.
  4. Martin

Martin Member

:) Another nice friendly bunch, too! :tup
  5. P_S_Price

P_S_Price Member

Tiverton - Too far but thanks.

Sth Molton - Days n Times?
  6. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Google reveals

Thursday evenings, in the band room from 7.30 – 9.30. The band room is situated off the main square, top off the steps leading to the parish church.
  7. P_S_Price

P_S_Price Member

Thanks for all the Info. I found 4 bands in the area - Bideford, Appledore, South Molton and Torrington, but of all their websites, only Bideford have an invite to Holiday players!
  8. Simon Preshom

Simon Preshom Member

No, its not sad. Let's be proud of our banding people!! :clap:
  9. Robhibberd29

Robhibberd29 Active Member

I'm glad you said that Simon as I'm doing the same in a couple of weeks he he :)

Hope you enjoy your holiday Peter!
  10. P_S_Price

P_S_Price Member

I certainly will try. Leaving tonight.

At the very least I will be able to Listen to Appledore Band on the Mondays and Bideford Town on the Thursdays (Weather permitting)!
  11. alanl58

alanl58 Member

Try crossing the Tamar on the A39 to Cornwall, you are welcome at Bude Metric Brass monday evenings.