Any Leeds fans out there ?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Red Elvis, Jan 21, 2005.

1. Red Elvis

Red Elvis Active Member

Just heard the news ... Ken Bates has just bought us out. A bloke with a pathological hatred of grassroots football fans who nearly had Chelsea on the verge of bankruptcy before Abramovich baled them out.
    Watch out for redevelopment plans at Elland Road ( He's planning to buy the ground and Thorp Arch back).

2nd man down - try and contain your glee!!!

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Leeds
    Ken Bates
    Abramovich
    Chelsea
    Thorp Arch
  3. rutty

rutty Active Member

Holy ****! I was reading about his attempts yesterday - filled me with horror.

Then someone pointed out that Ken Bates actually brought Chelsea from a state of imminent bankruptcy to regular European football, so we'll see.

However, that doesn't stop him being a complete **** though :(

(self censored) ;)

4. BoozyBTrom

BoozyBTrom Member

Ken Bates!!!!!!! He summed up everything i hated about Chelsea. Cant belive he has bought us out.

Will have to see what happens but i just hope we dont get ourselves back in financial trouble ( not that we are in the clear yet )

One good thing he should dump Backwell!!! Not all bad

5. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

too...many...JOKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

You'd have been better off with Norman Bates not Ken!!!!!

I find it a crushing irony that thinking what I do about Leeds they should be owned by someone who's title used to be master Bates. (Sorry mods, couldn't resist!) Ha ha!!!!

6. dyl

dyl Active Member

Another question for Leeds fans - what's this Carson bloke you given us like? Is he actually any good? I heard somewhere that he's only played 3 times for Leeds ..... that good then! Mind you, bound to be better than flappy Dudek.

7. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Bate's comment when trying to buy Sheff Weds amused me...

"Goalkeepers have no idea how to manage a football club."

oh...change of manager at Leeds (again) then I fancy?

8. rutty

rutty Active Member

Haven't a clue. He's supposed to be a bit of a prospect - he's better off at Liverpool than Chelsea, seeing as they seem to have two bona fida world class keepers there.

I have mixed feelings about Ken Bates. He's not exactly media friendly is he? But, he did do wonders at Chelsea. He bought the club for £1 in 1982 and made them one of the top clubs in the country. He may infact be just the sort of man in charge that Leeds need right now.

We'll see :)

Feeling more optimistic about this than I was when I heard that he was thinking about taking over Leeds earlier in the week.

9. Chris Sanders

Chris Sanders Active Member

Something needed to happen at Leeds, its not too long since they were at the top end of the premiership... Lets hope that this is the turn-around the club so desperately needs...

10. Rebel Tuba

Rebel Tuba Member

Personally I'm looking forward to seeing what the man can do, following Risdales (darker years) and then the prof I think that KB is a blessing in disguise.

The worst that can happen is Leeds will go in Administration but not for another £10m time. The best that can happen.... well let's give the man the benefit of the doubt, would you spend that much money without good odds that the future may be rosy.

As for the Carson deal, we should have played him this year if he was that good, may be he wasn't, so should fit in well to the 'pool along side other losers such as Kewell (the Crock) :cool: