any concerts in Scotland soon?

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by mp_TRMB, Nov 16, 2005.

1. mp_TRMB

mp_TRMB Member

Hi there,
    I play cornet in the Tullis Russell Mills band and went to see grimethorpe a few years ago in the Rothes Halls. Does anyone know of any big bands playing concerts in Scotland in the coming months?
    I'd really love to see YBS in concert.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Tullis Russell Mills
    Scotland
    Rothes Halls
    YBS
    big bands playing concerts
  3. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

YBS played Lochgelly Centre and Langholm last September - did you not get a ticket? :)

I don't know of any major band which is coming to visit in the next 12 months. :(

You could always have a look at the Whitburn and Co-op diarys, both major bands in my opinion, and great concerts too.

4. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

Get yourself down to Brass in Concert this weekend, 2 hours on the train from Edinburgh.

www.brassinconcert.com

Some of Britain's finest bands there!

5. Dave1

Dave1 Member

I believe Black Dyke will be at Perth Concert Hall on 1st April 2006. Tickets £15.00

The concert hall's website is www.horsecross.co.uk

6. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

You've just missed the ISB at Hamilton, but there may be other SA bands visiting. I believe Maidenhead band has a Scottish trip lined up shortly, and The Salvation Army Symphonic Wind Ensemble are at Clydebank on 26th/27th August 2006.

7. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

8. PowerRanger

PowerRanger Member

YBS have a concert in Aberdeen on 20th May 2006

Sorry! don't know any details!

9. MORAY FIRTH

MORAY FIRTH New Member

Hi, Moray Festival of Brass had the Scottish Co-op band up in Elgin last May. They were brilliant,

I assume that the weekend of brass music is going to be repeated in 2006.

Don't know where you live in Scotland but going on last years weekend it would be well worth your time and effort trying to get to Elgin.

10. Razor

Razor Member

Bad timing.....you just missed the ISB in concert at Hamilton a few weeks ago.

Then the week after that Kirkie put on a top class concert in Glasgow to launch their new CD. As well as Kirkie that concert also featured Scotia Brass, a composite band of present and former SA players under the direction of Allan Ramsay.

Heard there may possibly be a visit by YBS to the west ( Glasgow/Paisley area) sometime next year!

I know the Co have a regular Christmas concert in Paisley coming up soon.

Not forgetting Nitten who have a couple of Christmas concerts coming up including their major Christmas concert at The Queen's Hall, Edinburgh on Sunday 18th December 2005 at 7.30pm.

11. mp_TRMB

mp_TRMB Member

no was playing a concert in troon at the time :(

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Tullis Russell Mills
    Scotland
    Rothes Halls
    YBS
    big bands playing concerts
  13. groovy

groovy Active Member

I don't think there is a link for tickets on the website yet, or else I was really rubbish at finding it. But I would definately reccomend this as the new concert hall is fantastic and I'm sure Black Dyke will sound great in it! Was at the Marines concert a couple of weeks ago in the concert hall and it was great. I can't wait! Black Dyke where I live! wow!

14. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

If we do, it's not on the joblist yet.. altho we are defiantely playing Aberdeen.

15. Borfeo

Borfeo Member

Broxburn & Livingston band have a joint concert this Saturday, 26th November with the Besses of the Barn Band at the Strathbrock Partnership Centre in Broxburn, starting at 7.30pm. All welcome and tickets are £5 for adults.

16. bruceg

bruceg Active Member

You had the option of a lift back with Louise and me who were also playing at The Land O' Burns Contest and managed back in time for YBS ;) Of course, if the pub was more inviting than YBS.... :)

17. wkt

wkt Member

If you book early, you can get cheap flights to Belfast from a number of Scottish airports for the Europeans late April. There are also a number of sea routes. There will be some super bands at that event including Black Dyke. I made it to Glasgow and back for the Europeans last year, so it works:)

Good luck,
    Wesley

18. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

As if by magic.

I received an email today from the concert hall in Perth announcing that Black Dyke will be visiting on 1st April 2006 concert starting at 7:30pm.

Tickets are £15.00 (£12.50 concessions) with a 10% discount if booked before 1st January 2006. Call the box office on 01738 621031.

19. BbBill

BbBill Supporting Member

I see Newtongrange are playing the gala concert during the Scottish Solo and Ensemble Championships at the Howden Centre, Livingston on the 4th Feb, with special guests Roger Webster and David Thornton.

Cant wait for the Black Dyke concert at Perth, am thinking on getting most of our members to go to it if I can, its bit of a trek to get there, but it would be good for the youngsters and Im sure it will be worth it, was speaking to Morvern and Danny at Xmas and they were telling me about it!

20. HSB

HSB Member

Not sure what I'm missing here, but what are the top Scottish bands up to? Or do you want more?

21. TuTuKu

TuTuKu Active Member

Sorry to drag this up again..... But I've been looking through the websites of the top 20 bands according to 4br... http://www.4barsrest.com/rankings/default.asp and cannot find one band that advertise they will be performing a concert in Scotland AT ALL! Even the three Scottish bands there seem to only advertise contests in their engagement diaries... no mention of concerts?!

Any one got any inside information on championship standard concerts in Scotland?

22. BoozyBTrom

BoozyBTrom Member