Any Composers?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by MaestroX, Nov 18, 2006.

1. MaestroX

MaestroX New Member

Does anyone compose? I'm a composer and i've been composing for about 3 years now. What style does everyone write in?

I own my own composer forum where composers and arrangers can showcase their work and get feedback from other members. If anyones interested its Music-Web:)
  2. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Hi there, and welcome to tMP :hi

I've moved this into the Rehearsal Room, which is the forum for more serious musical matters, where you are more likely to get a response. Why don't you kick things off by telling us what sort of music you like, and what ensembles you have written for ?
  3. MaestroX

MaestroX New Member

4. Martyn_Thomas

Martyn_Thomas New Member

Hello Maestro,

My preferred style of writing is Big Band Jazz/Swing.

David Daws recently contacted me regarding the thread 'A Song to Swing'. This is one of my compositions and is to be re-recorded by David again very soon. Also, the music is to be published by a Company in Holland in 2007.

Kindest regards

Martyn Thomas
  5. MaestroX

MaestroX New Member

wow, very cool! Any chance of hearing some? I've started writing for concert band so i'm tring to gather some more jazz ideas together.
  6. Martyn_Thomas

Martyn_Thomas New Member

No problem,

'England Swings' was recorded by the New York Staff Band on 'Hemispheres' and by the Canadian Staff Band on 'Live at Toledo 2'. 'A Song to Swing' was recorded by David Daws with the ISB on the CD 'Golden Slippers'. 'Conquering Swing' was recorded by David Daws with the Fairey FP (Music Band) on the CD 'The Sound of David Daws'. 'Comfort and Joy' has recently been released by the International Staff Band on 'Christmas Tidings'.

Kindest regards,

7. jingleram

jingleram Active Member

Didn't realise this was one of yours...I love the piece!! Great chords near the beginning, an exciting piece! Oh and nice euph 'breaks'!
  8. Martyn_Thomas

Martyn_Thomas New Member

Hello Jingleram, Good to hear from you - small world isn't it!

Glad you like the chords and breaks etc.

Croydon Citadel brings back many memories. My Dad and Les Condon were great friends. They were both instructors at Sunbury and the Welsh School of Music. Also, Brindley Boon was very much on the scene when Dad was directing the 'Joybelles'.

Is Carl Nielson still around? We shared a room at Sunbury Music Camp in 1974. Thinking about it Maurice Patterson from Luton Temple, now Enfield (I believe) shared the same room.

I gave up active service in the Salvation Army ten years ago, although the Army still continue to publish my music from time to time. The rest of my family however are still fully active in the SA.

Regards to Mr Ingram ( he will remember me well )

9. jingleram

jingleram Active Member

^Replied by PM.