Any Brass Players in OZ? Try the Hawthorn Band

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by fitzy, Jun 15, 2004.

1. fitzy

fitzy Active Member

This part of the forum doesnt seem to be getting much use at the moment but ill give it a go!

The Hawthorn Brass Band in Melbourne, Australia is looking for players. Any instruments are welcome.
    We are the current National and State "A" Grade champions and play many concerts and contests throughout the year. We would welcome travelers and residents. Go to the Hawthorn Band link below to find out more.
  2. fitzy

fitzy Active Member

This was supposed to read BRASS players! Oops! I realy should proof read before I submit!
  3. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

I've corrected the heading for you, Mark, but I hope you'll still accept any bass players who apply :!: :wink: :lol:
  4. fitzy

fitzy Active Member

LOL! We will welcome all comers! even percussionist!
  5. fitzy

fitzy Active Member

Re: Any brass players in OZ wanting a band?

P.S. pm me if you need any additional information. If you are coming to Melbourne, and have a bit of time, I would love to get another tMPer along for a toot with the band!
  6. philram

philram Member

A mate of mine has just moved to Melbourne.He plays cornet with a championship section band and his name is Andy Appleton.
    I'll E Mail your address to him.
    His E Maill address is : andya@cash-handling-system.
    Hope this is of some help

7. fitzy

fitzy Active Member

Thanks Phil. Ill pm you.

The offer is still out there for anyone else interested!
  8. fitzy

fitzy Active Member

We are still looking for people! We would welcome anyone who has had banding experience!
  9. fitzy

fitzy Active Member

We are still looking! We really need some horn players at the moment.

If you need some background on the band, just click on the link below. We are being conducted by the former Grimethorpe Principal cornet player, Tom Paulin at the moment and the band is playing realy well.
  10. jambo

jambo Member

Does a cornet chair come complete with Job and Visa? :D

If so then no worries, already have family in Melbourne so i'm sorted for digs...