Any Bands in Telford or surrounding area?

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by gargoyle, Feb 13, 2007.

1. gargoyle

gargoyle Member

I have just moved to Telford and am thinking of starting playing again! Just wondered if there are any bands around the Telford area!

Dave Altham
  2. BandTaxi

BandTaxi Active Member

Don't know anything much about them but I remembered that they have Telford in their name so must be based there or thereabouts. Only thing I do know is that they're entered in the Third Section, Midlands for the first time this year.
  3. Alan MacRae

Alan MacRae Member

Jackfield are in Telford. A fine 1st section (I think) band.
  4. Wanny

Wanny New Member

We are, honest! We just came 4th at Butlins, now working hard for the area ... we have a great laugh and are always on the lookout for new players!

Here's our website ... or PM me for more details.
  5. Texus

Texus Member

Both of the above - also check out :
    Sabrina Brass Band - do a google search for bands in shropshire and you will find more.
    Good luck!
  6. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

Wem aren't in Telford, but we/they have quite a few members who commuter from there! You know you want to join Wem, they're lovely!
  7. Nanny Ogg

Nanny Ogg Member

Newport a non-contesting band are about 5 miles north of Telford. Nice bunch. In fact all bands mentioned so far are nice guy n gals.
  8. Boneman

Boneman Member

Hi Dave!
    Just to back up previous comments Jackfield is a hard working First section band based just outside Ironbridge in Telford.

If you fancy coming for a blow then you can PM me - or Wanny - our fantastic PC!

9. gargoyle

gargoyle Member

Thanks everyone for your help!
    Will be popping into various bands in the next few weeks!

10. Pastit

Pastit Member

Wrexham Brass (Championship section fron 2007) also have a number of players travelling from the Telford area. PM their MD Wayne Ruston (rustonw on tmp) or contact him via county music supplies in Shrewsbury
  11. GingerMaestro

GingerMaestro Active Member

If you don't mind travelling The West Mercia Police Band are just off the M% Jct 6 We do pay travelling expences to and from rehearsals and Gigs so you should never be out of pocket.

We practice on a Monday 7.30 - 9.30

95% civilian 5% serving

Good bunch of players

PM me or give me a call on 07988699507 or

Check out our Website
  12. TopTrump

TopTrump Member

Hi David.

I know a band. It's called the Wet Jeans in Prague Brass Band!
  13. backrowbloke

backrowbloke Member

Langley are Championship Section - 25mins from Telford, just off J4 on M5. We already have other members travelling from Telford, so I'm sure you could grab a lift.
    Please PM me, or bottyburp for details.
  14. Alan MacRae

Alan MacRae Member

Didn't mean to imply Jackfield weren't a "fine" band... I just wasn't sure if you were still 1st section. I have recorded the band on 2 separate occasions and enjoyed both times.
  15. gargoyle

gargoyle Member

Very funny top trump!!!!!
  16. backrowbloke

backrowbloke Member's me that lives just off J4, the bandroom in just off J2 :oops: