Any Banding Caravanners ?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by iancwilx, Oct 1, 2009.

1. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

I just wondered if any more tmpers were also caravanners. (Touring Caravans or Motorhomes)
    Anti caravanners please keep the abuse to a minimum !!

- Mr Wilx

2. killer

killer Member

Like i,m really gonna admit to this !!!!

3. Di

Di Active Member

Yup, happy caravanner here. :)

4. Twenty five years with the circus. I am caravaned out.

5. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

Now Killer, you know your secret is safe with me. I won't tell a single soul.
    I wonder if the "Kippax Karavanners" will fess up ?

- Mr Wilx
    ( Killer and I are ex Kippers)

6. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

I don't tug as much as I used to!

Motorhomes are the way ahead :D

Glad to see you are still tugging Ian - should have gone to specsavers :D

7. on_castors

on_castors Member

Yes, me too.... but my 'van hasn't had a run out since Summer 2007 as my health hasn't been up to it (and why I am not actively playing at the moment!). It is currently FILTHY with tree sap though, and an eyesore that I MUST do something about!

8. andywooler

andywooler Supporting Member

I had 2 great holidays in the US and Canada renting a huge RV - wouldn't consider it here though!

9. BigHorn

BigHorn Active Member

Me :metal: Using it weekend after next for a short break. One of the best buys iv'e ever made.

10. The Wherryman

The Wherryman Active Member

I've got a 30' 4-berth caravan with no wheels and a maximum speed of 7mph! Oh, what fun it would be if I could take it up the M6.

Fortunately for all you car drivers, it floats and I only use it on the Norfolk Broads :p

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Touring Caravans or Motorhomes
    Wilx
    abuse
    Anti caravanners
    Banding Caravanners
  12. KenIrvin

KenIrvin Member

Red Pennant

Not me but Red Pennant march is popular in Ashbourne :p

13. T Winch

T Winch Member

Don't the Caravan Club have their own brass band? I'm sure they enter the Whit Fridays

I spend a lot of time on The Broads. What's your boat called? I'll watch out for it next time I'm down :D

14. The Wherryman

The Wherryman Active Member

Trevor, I've sent you a pm.

15. TSGrimes

TSGrimes New Member

There is a very succesfull Camping&Caravanning Club Band,why not give it a try, many actually enjoy the fun bands not bad either.
    TSGrimes

16. do they march as slowly as they drive on motorways? lol i have visions of all the other bands trying to overtake them whilst marching and flicking the v"s as they pass! ;)

17. FATNBALD

FATNBALD Member

Very happy caravanner here & you wont be held up by me ont motorway (very heavy right foot):tup just ask 2ndmandown:biggrin::biggrin:

18. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

I love my caravan, me and my mum take it away most weekends. (It's more fun when we leave Stan at home).

Last bank holiday I had to go to work on the Saturday so we decided just to take the caravan to a site near Durham so we still had a break but so I could still get in to work.

I ended up on a site owned by the bass player from Peterlee Band, set up the van and took the dogs for a walk, came back and found my conductor pitched on the site next to me.

19. TSGrimes

TSGrimes New Member

Yes the Caravan have a wind band,its the Camping&Caravanning Club Band who have done well at the Whit March contest Diggle 2009 the best to-date.
    They March at the same speed as other bands its the quality other's try to overtake!
    TSG

20. on_castors

on_castors Member

... and just WHAT difference would that make? 7mph is really SHIFTING on the M6! :biggrin:

21. satchmo shaz

satchmo shaz Active Member

I have a tiny motorhome and we love it!!:p

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Touring Caravans or Motorhomes
    Wilx
    abuse
    Anti caravanners
    Banding Caravanners