Any Banding Caravanners ?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by iancwilx, Oct 1, 2009.

1. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

I just wondered if any more tmpers were also caravanners. (Touring Caravans or Motorhomes)
    Anti caravanners please keep the abuse to a minimum !!

- Mr Wilx
  2. killer

killer Member

Like i,m really gonna admit to this !!!!
  3. Di

Di Active Member

Yup, happy caravanner here. :)
  4. Twenty five years with the circus. I am caravaned out.
  5. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

Now Killer, you know your secret is safe with me. I won't tell a single soul.
    I wonder if the "Kippax Karavanners" will fess up ?

- Mr Wilx
    ( Killer and I are ex Kippers)
  6. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

I don't tug as much as I used to!

Motorhomes are the way ahead :D

Glad to see you are still tugging Ian - should have gone to specsavers :D
  7. on_castors

on_castors Member

Yes, me too.... but my 'van hasn't had a run out since Summer 2007 as my health hasn't been up to it (and why I am not actively playing at the moment!). It is currently FILTHY with tree sap though, and an eyesore that I MUST do something about!
  8. andywooler

andywooler Supporting Member

I had 2 great holidays in the US and Canada renting a huge RV - wouldn't consider it here though!
  9. BigHorn

BigHorn Active Member

Me :metal: Using it weekend after next for a short break. One of the best buys iv'e ever made.
  10. The Wherryman

The Wherryman Active Member

I've got a 30' 4-berth caravan with no wheels and a maximum speed of 7mph! Oh, what fun it would be if I could take it up the M6.

Fortunately for all you car drivers, it floats and I only use it on the Norfolk Broads :p
  11. KenIrvin

KenIrvin Member

Red Pennant

Not me but Red Pennant march is popular in Ashbourne :p
  12. T Winch

T Winch Member

Don't the Caravan Club have their own brass band? I'm sure they enter the Whit Fridays

I spend a lot of time on The Broads. What's your boat called? I'll watch out for it next time I'm down :D
  13. The Wherryman

The Wherryman Active Member

Trevor, I've sent you a pm.
  14. TSGrimes

TSGrimes New Member

There is a very succesfull Camping&Caravanning Club Band,why not give it a try, many actually enjoy the fun bands not bad either.
  15. do they march as slowly as they drive on motorways? lol i have visions of all the other bands trying to overtake them whilst marching and flicking the v"s as they pass! ;)

FATNBALD Member

Very happy caravanner here & you wont be held up by me ont motorway (very heavy right foot):tup just ask 2ndmandown:biggrin::biggrin:
  17. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

I love my caravan, me and my mum take it away most weekends. (It's more fun when we leave Stan at home).

Last bank holiday I had to go to work on the Saturday so we decided just to take the caravan to a site near Durham so we still had a break but so I could still get in to work.

I ended up on a site owned by the bass player from Peterlee Band, set up the van and took the dogs for a walk, came back and found my conductor pitched on the site next to me.
  18. TSGrimes

TSGrimes New Member

Yes the Caravan have a wind band,its the Camping&Caravanning Club Band who have done well at the Whit March contest Diggle 2009 the best to-date.
    They March at the same speed as other bands its the quality other's try to overtake!
  19. on_castors

on_castors Member

... and just WHAT difference would that make? 7mph is really SHIFTING on the M6! :biggrin:
  20. satchmo shaz

satchmo shaz Active Member

I have a tiny motorhome and we love it!!:p