AntiVIrus programmes

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Lisa, Mar 20, 2005.

1. Lisa

Lisa Member

My Norton AntiVirus subscription runs out soon and I was wondering whether I should renew it or alternatively use the free AVG thing?
    I have heard AVG mentioned a couple of times on here and was wondering, is it adequate? Is it as good as the ones you have to pay for? And if so, why is it free?

:)

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    My Norton AntiVirus
    AVG
    AntiVIrus programmes
    free AVG thing
    Norton AntiVirus subscription
  3. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

I use AVG anti-virus, and have done for a while now. It was recommended to me by our IT bloke at work. I found it reliable, easy to use and effective. It caught the recent virus that was sent through msn and luckily stopped my PC from getting screwed up. I know other people weren't so lucky.

Don't let the fact that it's free put you off. As far as I can tell (I'm definitely no expert) it's a complete package with regular updates, to catch the lastest nasties. I can't comment on Norton or any other anti-virus software - simply because I haven't used them, as AVG, coupled with Ad-Aware and Spybot seem to keep my PC running just fine. Recommended. :D

Last edited: Mar 20, 2005
  4. HBB

HBB Active Member

I use it - and it's great!

5. BoozyBTrom

BoozyBTrom Member

Well worth using the free version is excellent. We were so impressed with it at work we went out and got the corporate version. Much better than some of the big names out there.

6. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

I use Norton but when thats in trouble I go straight to AVG... defo go for it... :)