Ant and Dec. The new Morecambe and Wise?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Dave Payn, Mar 30, 2004.

1. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

2. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Ant and Dec will always be remembered by me as PJ and Duncan... wreck the mike lads :D
  3. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

Lets get ready to rumble!!!!
  4. Jo Elson

Jo Elson Member

I love Ant and Dec, they crack me up so much!
  5. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

I know I'm probably in the minority but Little Ant and Dec are starting to get up my nose now, I'm sorry, I don't find them cute or funny

However I do like the real Ant and Dec, they are cool
  6. twigglet

twigglet Member

I think Ant and Dec are brilliant when they are being natural and unscripted...but they just don't do it for me when they have obviously scripted jokes, can't quite pull it off.
  7. eckyboy

eckyboy Member

Reeves and Mortimer had this tag a few years ago but failed to live up to it.Some acts are unique and can't be imitated although I was never a big fan.
  8. ScrapingtheBottom

ScrapingtheBottom Active Member

Reeves and Mortimer were excellent in their own way that's all.

Ant and Dec, however, should be taken outside and shot immediately.
  9. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

I like the Saturday Night Takeaway program, think it's very funny!
    But have to agree when it all seems scripted it's very obvious and I don't find it so funny, they work brilliantly together though.
  10. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Rather than Ant and Dec, I think I'd rather watch Ant and Bee (for those old enough to remember reading it! ;-))
  11. jambo

jambo Member

Ant and Dec the new Morcambe and wise...NO, M & W were funny!

Ant and Dec are just stupid, amuzing but stupid none the less
  12. Maestro

Maestro Active Member

Morecombe and Wise were a one off. There will never be anothe duo like them.
    When I watch their videos, I still laugh as much as I did when I first saw them.
  13. Steve

Steve Active Member

They are really good (probably the best duo on tv at the mo) but no way are they in the same league as Morcambe and Wise. Legends, nuff said!!
  14. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

No, I agree. they're good (compared to the rest of the dross that's on now) but not that good. Having said that I always thought the Two Ronnies were funnier.

And Tommy Cooper beat the lot!
  15. bruceg

bruceg Active Member

Morecombe and Wise were superb, The Two Ronnies were pretty damn good, Reeves and Mortimer could produce the goods on occasion but Ant and Dec just make me want to change channel.
  16. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

I'm still hoping that the surgical separation of Ant from Dec goes through... :twisted:
  17. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

The M&W Grieg Piano Concerto sketch still makes me laugh every time I see it. Absolute classic. The only time Ant and Dec made me laugh was their embarrassed reaction to John Lydon's outburst on the recent I'm A Celebrity! As I said, I wonder whether Eric Morecambe's son was having a laugh....
  18. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

I like them, they're pretty cool, but the new Morcambe and Wise?!

Anyway I don't think they could get away with smoking a pipe on telly these days.....
  19. Gorgie boy

Gorgie boy Member

What was it he said? 'I'm playing all the right notes, just not necessarily in the right order!' :lol: :lol: :lol:

Paul Drury
  20. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

Sorry Elin, tend to disagree with this one.

I think Les Dennis, Dustin Gee, Eddie Large and Sid Little had more talent than these two - and they were awful!