Another suspiciuos euph-seller at eBay

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by norwegian_baritone, Jul 16, 2007.

1. norwegian_baritone

norwegian_baritone New Member

Please, be aware of another suspicious euphonium for sale on eBay right now:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160137085896

I tried to contact the seller yesterday, but got no response and retracted my bid. Another bidder has done the same, for the same reason. You should think that a seller of an item with an expected price well above 2.000 GBP should pay more attention to his bidders...

I suspect this of being another scam attempt.

Fortunately, I have made contact, through a classified ad here at themoutpiece.com, with a nice gentleman, and will travel to the UK next week to pick up an instrument. No more eBay for me, I think.

regards from Norway

Ole Irgens

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    eBay
    UK
    eBay right
    week
    seller yesterday
  3. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Thanks for pointing this out to us Ole. Much appreciated, and glad you managed to get yourself a Euph from someone on here.

J

4. norwegian_baritone

norwegian_baritone New Member

Yes, I really am looking forward to getting it... :D

By the way, the winning bid on the Prestige ended on the incredible price of 1.671 GBP... either it's the bargain of the century, or it's a major rip-off. I got no reply from the seller, and tried to contact the buyer as well, but to no avail. So I'm still suspicious... I would never pay that amount of money for an unseen instrument from a non-respondent seller anyway.

Regards

Ole

5. EIBB_Ray

EIBB_Ray Member

I guess I don't see what's so suspicious.....the fact that the seller didn't get back to you same day? I mean things happen, perhaps he was unavoidably away from a computer for a day, it happens. This is a newbie seller, perhaps he has no idea anyone will try to contact him....

6. EIBB_Ray

EIBB_Ray Member

but congrats on finding a horn....and I just read your reply post and yes, that does seem fishy, sorry, I just wasn't getting it at first.