Another suspiciuos euph-seller at eBay

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by norwegian_baritone, Jul 16, 2007.

1. norwegian_baritone

norwegian_baritone New Member

Please, be aware of another suspicious euphonium for sale on eBay right now:

I tried to contact the seller yesterday, but got no response and retracted my bid. Another bidder has done the same, for the same reason. You should think that a seller of an item with an expected price well above 2.000 GBP should pay more attention to his bidders...

I suspect this of being another scam attempt.

Fortunately, I have made contact, through a classified ad here at, with a nice gentleman, and will travel to the UK next week to pick up an instrument. No more eBay for me, I think.

regards from Norway

Ole Irgens
  2. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Thanks for pointing this out to us Ole. Much appreciated, and glad you managed to get yourself a Euph from someone on here.

3. norwegian_baritone

norwegian_baritone New Member

Yes, I really am looking forward to getting it... :D

By the way, the winning bid on the Prestige ended on the incredible price of 1.671 GBP... either it's the bargain of the century, or it's a major rip-off. I got no reply from the seller, and tried to contact the buyer as well, but to no avail. So I'm still suspicious... I would never pay that amount of money for an unseen instrument from a non-respondent seller anyway.

4. EIBB_Ray

EIBB_Ray Member

I guess I don't see what's so suspicious.....the fact that the seller didn't get back to you same day? I mean things happen, perhaps he was unavoidably away from a computer for a day, it happens. This is a newbie seller, perhaps he has no idea anyone will try to contact him....
  5. EIBB_Ray

EIBB_Ray Member

but congrats on finding a horn....and I just read your reply post and yes, that does seem fishy, sorry, I just wasn't getting it at first.