Another returner

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Ant W, Feb 4, 2018.

1. Ant W

Ant W New Member

Hi All,
    returning after 45 years and realising how much I've forgotten.

2. Tom-King

Tom-King Well-Known Member

Hi,

Welcome! Best of luck with the return

3. jasonG

jasonG New Member

Me too! Had a few years out, moved location and just started to buzz the chops in again!

4. Repman

Repman Member

Wow, 45 years, that's the longest break i can remember reading about. welcome back, hope it goes well.

Jack E likes this.
  5. Queeg2000

Queeg2000 Active Member

I thought my 30 year break was long. I found I have picked it back up very quickly though. My lip has taken a little while, but gave it a lot of punishment over Christmas and it was pretty good by New Year. It's my confidence that is taking the longest to get back. I find myself stopping because I am afraid of playing lots of wrong notes, but my fingers keep going and when I look back at the part I find I was pressing the right valves anyway. I'm finding it hard to break away from the old saying if in doubt leave it out, which is fair enough in a public performance, but in practice, it's better to belt it out if it's wrong, at least you know the areas that need work.

Jack E and Slider1 like this.
  6. Suzi Q

Suzi Q Member

Hiya Ant and welcome!

Suzi

7. Ant W

Ant W New Member

Thanks for the welcomes. I have been blowing for about six weeks now and progress is a little better than expected but plenty of issues to sort out especially the one of age - stiff fingers, weak chops, lack of eyes, brain, lip, fingers coordination but hey ho, enjoying every minute.

8. Queeg2000

Queeg2000 Active Member

I've been back a couple of months and already I feel like I'm playing better than ever. Need to work on counting rests though, I seem to be a bar out every time I get a rest of more than a few bars.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice