Another returner

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Ant W, Feb 4, 2018.

1. Ant W

Ant W New Member

Hi All,
    returning after 45 years and realising how much I've forgotten.

2. Tom-King

Tom-King Well-Known Member

Hi,

Welcome! Best of luck with the return

3. jasonG

jasonG New Member

Me too! Had a few years out, moved location and just started to buzz the chops in again!

4. Repman

Repman New Member

Wow, 45 years, that's the longest break i can remember reading about. welcome back, hope it goes well.

Jack E likes this.
  5. Queeg2000

Queeg2000 New Member

I thought my 30 year break was long. I found I have picked it back up very quickly though. My lip has taken a little while, but gave it a lot of punishment over Christmas and it was pretty good by New Year. It's my confidence that is taking the longest to get back. I find myself stopping because I am afraid of playing lots of wrong notes, but my fingers keep going and when I look back at the part I find I was pressing the right valves anyway. I'm finding it hard to break away from the old saying if in doubt leave it out, which is fair enough in a public performance, but in practice, it's better to belt it out if it's wrong, at least you know the areas that need work.

Jack E and Slider1 like this.
  6. Suzi Q

Suzi Q Member

Hiya Ant and welcome!

Suzi

7. Ant W

Ant W New Member

Thanks for the welcomes. I have been blowing for about six weeks now and progress is a little better than expected but plenty of issues to sort out especially the one of age - stiff fingers, weak chops, lack of eyes, brain, lip, fingers coordination but hey ho, enjoying every minute.

8. Queeg2000

Queeg2000 New Member

I've been back a couple of months and already I feel like I'm playing better than ever. Need to work on counting rests though, I seem to be a bar out every time I get a rest of more than a few bars.