Another noob

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Feel My Rath, Jan 24, 2015.

1. Feel My Rath

Feel My Rath Member

Morning chaps and chapesses

I'm new to this site, but not to brass playing. I live in the Doncaster area, and have been playing for the last 2 years following a two year hiatus from the bone of power. I was a pretty decent player in my youth, but the 10 year break following uni did nothing for my chops, which are starting to get back to the level they were before the lay-off.

I'm pretty inexperienced as a brass band player, though, having grown up playing in concert bands and brass quintets/ 10-piece groups. The highlight of my brass band life has been playing under the batton of the legendary Ray Farr for 18 months whilst at uni - what an education that was!

Happy blowing

Chris

2. Feel My Rath

Feel My Rath Member

Sorry, that should read "10 year hiatus". I, like most trobonists, obviously can't count properly :hammer

3. Phil3822

Phil3822 Member

Welcome to the forum.

4. hobgoblin

hobgoblin Member

Happy Sunday - nice username. I'm sure moonmin will be along shortly to ask you a few probing questions!

5. Feel My Rath

Feel My Rath Member

Thanks, although that sounds rather ominous.

6. The Undaunted

The Undaunted New Member

Hi folks.
    I'm Len, alias The Undaunted (chose the name in honour of my favourite brass band composer, so I suppose that dates me a little).
    I'm not new to banding but new to TMP, although I have spent many happy hours over the years reading some of the opinions expressed on here. Very much looking forward to some interesting times ahead and some friendly banter.

Len Barrington
    aka -The Undaunted.

7. Feel My Rath

Feel My Rath Member

Welcome Len (from another newbie)

8. Bbmad

Bbmad Active Member

Welcome Rath and welcome Len.

May I introduce myself myself, I am Bbmad. There is much speculation and controversy surrounding me, as much as I would like to reveal more I cannot, due to security reasons.

But hello, and welcome to to the forum :)

9. The Undaunted

The Undaunted New Member

Thanks for the welcome Rath and Bbmad.
    I love a bit of speculation Bbmad, but I try to avoid anything controversial. That may be difficult on this site, particularly as I have a keen interest in contesting and that by its nature is always controversial. Nevertheless, I look forward to being able to put faces to some of you secretive individuals in due course, and in the meantime I wil ljust have to speculate.
    Len,
    aka The Undaunted.

10. Feel My Rath

Feel My Rath Member

I'm intrigued. You're either misunderstood or a massive wind-up merchant based on that single post :D

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Doncaster
    chapessesI
    brass quintets
    brass band player
    brass band life
  12. Bbmad

Bbmad Active Member

Hi Rath, I will take the easy way out and say that I am misunderstood. Never the less, a warm welcome to you :)

13. Feel My Rath

Feel My Rath Member

Haha, cheers.