Another new Training Band

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by kensar, Jan 12, 2008.

1. kensar

kensar Member

Hot on the heels of the announcement from Polysteel Band regarding their new Youth Band (Well done to them) Thurcroft Welfare Band are delighted to announce the formation of the Thurcroft Welfare Training Band. First rehearsal was today and at the concusion played A Little March for parents/grandparents. This can only be good for the Brass Band Movement and will go a long way to securing the future of the Thurcroft band.
  2. joker66

joker66 Member

Its good new to hear that another training band has been formed - great news for banding and Thurcroft.

I'm sure that with Ken at the helm this new band will go from strength to strength
  3. joker66

joker66 Member

What are the rehearsal times for future practices as I might have a future cornet and horn player interested - depending how young they can start and what they need to be able to play?
  4. kensar

kensar Member

There is no age limit, hence the title Training Band and not Junior Band. One parent has already taken to the Bflat bass and others are "interested". So far as "how young"? Once the adult teeth are formed then that is old enough. The Training Band rehearse in the bandroom at the top of West Street in Thurcroft. Saturday mornings at 09.30. New starters are given one to one tuition in the band library room or in the instrument store. Not many instruments left; any donations very welcome.
  5. HelterSkelter

HelterSkelter Member

Good Luck to Ken & the band on your new venture. It's surprising how many parents want to get involved once their children start! I've known quite a few parents start playing in this way - quite useful, too, if you can persuade them to play the larger instruments!