Another New Signing for Tongwynlais Temperance

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by Naval Nick, Aug 6, 2007.

1. Naval Nick

Naval Nick Member

It might be the time for holidays, but Tongwynlais Temperance Band are busy continuing to strengthen their ranks with another signing. Alyn James, formerly of Penclawdd, has joined the Band on Solo Horn.

The Band’s Conductor, Gareth Pritchard says; “Alyn played for us as a borrowed player at The Grand Shield earlier this year on Bram Tovey’s ‘The Night to Sing’ and he performed the extremely difficult Horn Solo with Panache and musicality. Our Solo Horn at the time (Steve Jones) was having problems with commitment due to work and when this continued and he had to leave the Band, I was delighted to find out that Alyn had enjoyed himself so much playing at The Grand Shield he was prepared to sign for the Band on a full-time basis”

On behalf of the Band, Nick Wills said; “This is another signing that, along with Gavin (Pritchard) and the high standard players we already have in the ranks, will greatly enhance the Band’s push towards achieving their goals. We are not sleeping this holiday period. There is a lot of work going on behind the scenes and I can see more announcements coming in the not to distant future.”

“I’ve taken a ‘back-seat’ with regard to my playing career for the last few years, while I tried to help my sons begin theirs”, said Alyn. “I really enjoyed the experience of playing with Tongwynlais at the Grand Shield and found the atmosphere, work-rate and ambition of the Band and its Conductor to be of a very professional nature and I had no hesitation in agreeing to join. I am also looking forward to the challenge of seeing how much more I have to offer as I begin to approach the twilight of my playing career!”