Another band returns in North Wales

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by Rambo, Oct 13, 2008.

1. Rambo

Rambo Member

Following the successful return of Point of Ayr band to playing in North Wales, I am pleased to inform you all of another band that has re-formed. This time however it is a lot longer since this band performed on stage. The 1950's to be precise. The newly reformed Ruthin Town band had their first practice last week with about 14 players around the stand, a group of very enthusiastic supporters and a very experienced conductor who I am sure will soon have the band playing at a really good standard. They will be practising once a week (Monday night 7:30pm - 9:30pm.) anyone interested is welcome to come along, just PM me and I can pass on contact numbers etc.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Point of Ayr
    North Wales
    band returns
    Ruthin Town band
    successful return of Point of Ayr band
  3. grausue

grausue Member

Congratulations to Ruthin Town Band. Long may you continue!

:clap:

4. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

I have relatives in Cilcain. Next time I'm down I'll pop in for a blow. (Eb tuba)

5. Rambo

Rambo Member

All players are welcome, not quite got the routine of pub for a pint after yet but I am sure it wont be long!

6. LeDragon

LeDragon Active Member

That's great news, well done to all involved.

7. wont be long if you have anything to do with it rambo;) good luck to the future of ruthin band!:clap:

8. Rambo

Rambo Member

I am helping out Ruthin band as a proud Dad of children who are playing in it, therefore, I will leave all the drinking etc you talk about to my band, see you later;)

9. Bass Man

Bass Man Active Member

Excellent news, given the recent losses of Pennine and Sellers it is extremely pleasing to read of such goo tidings!

10. Rambo

Rambo Member

Interest seems to be growing, 14 around the stands last week with another 4 players promising to come along next week
    Practice 7-9 Monday Brynhfryd school music department (after you turn into the school turn first right towards the sports centre, the music room is on the right behind the first grey mobile classroom.) The fantastic thing about this band is that there is already a junior band of 40 and a training band of 30 to come through to feed the band, so in the words of a famous song 'things can only get better!)