Another 125th Anniversary Concert -North Yorkshire this time!

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by Kat-SSB, Jul 20, 2009.

1. Kat-SSB

Kat-SSB Member

Ok, Cory Band we may not be but Stape Silver Band are also 125 Years old this year!

Stape Silver Band would like to openly invite all mouthpiece members and friends to a free outdoor concert - Saturday August 1st

Pickering Market Place (on the edge of the North York Moors)
    5-7pm

We will be joined by Kirkbymoorside Town Band and also Swinton and District to give a free outdoor proms style concert in the centre of our home town Pickering followed by a few drinks and BBQ at our local pub

We would really like the support of fellow players/supporters who we often see year in and year out at various contests in particular we want to extend the invitation to Emley, Wetherby & Garforth Brass if you are available we would love to see you all!

I hope this is of interest to a few of you and all would be welcome on the night - fingers crossed for no rain!

If anyone would like any further information just let me know!

Thanks
    Kat

2. Kat-SSB

Kat-SSB Member

Rehearsel - check
    18 cornet quintet practised - check
    3 Euph solo? - check

Weather - Who knows ! 1 week and counting

3. sudcornet

sudcornet Member

spelling?...not checked.

Should be an excellent do this. Great programme, approx. 80 piece brass orchestra in what should be a spectacular acoustic....surrounded by pubs...and it's free (how to keep a Yorkshireman happy!!)...I'm definitely going...feel free to buy a pint for the tall, ugly dude in the dinner suit!!

Sud

4. Kat-SSB

Kat-SSB Member

Sorry Spelling not great and no not checked so my apologies!

General response has been very good and we are expecting a reasonable audience. Thanks to those who have made contact you should all now have the details you asked for anyone missing anything just give me a call

Weather forecast not great but nevermind!

5. sudcornet

sudcornet Member

Latest weather forecast has it fine and sunny by tea-time...looking forward to this one...I get to play most of it and also wag for three pieces...heaven!! Hope to see a few tMP'ers there.

Sud.

6. Kat-SSB

Kat-SSB Member

Word on the jungle drums is their will be a few there!