Announcing the tMP Stolen Instrument Register

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by dyl, Feb 24, 2005.

1. dyl

dyl Active Member

Announcing the tMP Stolen Instrument Register

Unfortunately it's a sign of the times we live in, but we feel the time has come for us start a 'Stolen Instrument Register' here on tMP in an attempt to help those unfortunate enough to have lost an instrument, to be able to recover it as quickly as possible.

This has come about mainly due to an increase in the number of stolen instruments being posted on tMP - and while this may have been useful in the past, we felt the individual posts weren't getting the prominence they deserved.

For details of how this work, plus how to inform us of any stolen instruments, visit the tMP Stolen Instrument Register category.

2. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

As you say, Roger, a sign of the times that it is necessary tMP does something like this.

I think it might be worthwhile lobbying Ebay to convince them that all instruments sold have to include its serial number in the advert, so that stolen items can be easily identified. Of course, the vendor might tell porkies, but they'll soon be caught out.

Will

3. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

Roger??!!! He looks like Dyl to me!!

4. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

You have to make allowances for Will's advancing age and the pressure of the areas.

A superb idea. Yet another great tMP innovation

5. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Maybe he intended to sign off "Roger & out" ;)

6. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

That's the trouble with all the mods. They all look the same. I mean, look at their avatars!

:rolleyes:

7. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

Last edited: Feb 26, 2005