Animation station

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Dave Payn, Mar 10, 2004.

?

What's your favourite cartoon series?

1. The Simpsons

68.6%
  2. King of the Hill

2.9%
  3. South Park

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Bugs Bunny (or other Looney Tune character)

2.9%
  5. Mickey Mouse (or other Disney character)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Tom and Jerry

5.7%
  7. Secret Squirrel

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Batfink

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Roobarb

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Mr Benn

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Dangermouse

2.9%
  12. Top Cat

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. Dastardly and Muttley (or other Hanna/Barbera characters)

5.7%
  14. The Flintstones

5.7%
  15. Other (please specify)

5.7%
  1. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Inspired by rehearsing 'Cartoon Classics' the other day, I just wondered what everybody's favourite cartoon series is. Apologies if this has been done already!

Does remind me of an age old gag regarding Mickey Mouse divorcing Minnie Mouse. It went to the divorce courts and the judge enquired 'I understand you wish to divorce Minnie because of her protruding front teeth'. To which Mickey said: 'No. I want to divorce her because she's ****ing Goofy!'

2. Maestro

Maestro Active Member

I had to vote for Tom and Jerry. The 'Cat Concerto' is pure class!

3. dave jake

dave jake Member

My favs the original George of the Jungle 8)

4. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

Tough choice this one- but I've gone for The Simpsons! :D

If I was to chose any of the others, it would be "Other"...
    Futurama and Family Guy are other big favourites of mine
    ;-)

5. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

dangermouse... although penfold was the real genius...

6. groovy

groovy Active Member

The Simpsons - hilarious! I like most cartoons though - except South Park which I despise.

7. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Has to be Dangermouse - what a cast - David Jason and Terry Scott! :D

8. Jo Elson

Jo Elson Member

simpsons for me. Although when i was little i just loved the poddington peas, they were ace!

9. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

"down at the bottom of the gaaaarden, among the birds and the bees, there lived alot of little people, they were the poddington peas, the poddington peas!!!!"
    the poddington peas!!!!! they were fantastic!!! i remember in primary school wen we went on trips on coaches we used to sing the poddington peas theme tune complete with all the words!!!!

but i voted the simpsons

10. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Went for Tom & Jerry over the Simpsons (close call!), but it has to be the earlier ones - the animation and plotlines got very lax with the later ones.

Incidentally, anyone else remember "Blip and Booster" when they were on Blue Peter in the dark ages :?: :wink:

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    everybody
    cartoon series
    gag
    Mickey Mouse
    Goofy
  12. Phoenixhorn

Phoenixhorn Member

I voted other for the great Futurama and Family guy cant choose between them they are great

13. Straightmute

Straightmute Active Member

I enjoy the very old Tom and Jerry and used to like Roobarb and Custard but my all-time favourite was Ivor the Engine - a strange, slightly melancholy cartoon about a small train running on a branch line in Wales. Being Welsh, the train carries coal, sings in the local Male Voice Choir and befriends a dragon, of course. It was originally made in B+W but then reshot in colour, though the predominant colour is still grey, and all the music was played by a solo bassoon.

I think it was replaced by the Wombles...

D

14. Dan

Dan Member

Tough choice and although I love the Simpsons I had to go for other. Simply because Roadrunner has to be the best cartoon ever.

Meep, Meep!!

15. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Oliver Postgate, who made Ivor the Engine, was responsible for several others. I particularly liked Noggin the Nog, and he also did The Pingwings, The Clangers and Bagpuss.

16. Tromgod

Tromgod Member

Where's the option for the daddy of them all......Scooby Doo?!!!

17. Dawnys_flug

Dawnys_flug Member

I voted the Simpsons because they are my favourite cartoon now. You can't get away from them in my house!! My brother has all of the boxsets and yet we still watch the episodes at 6 on BBC2 then at 7 on Skyone. I think we are on the borderline of obsession now. lol.

But had i gone for any other it would have to be Tom and Jerry- the old ones, not the newer ones by chuck jones i think it was. they were poor. But the old ones were fantastic!! Used to watch them all the time with my Grandad. Had those on video as well. :lol: The one with the ants was the best!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Scooby doo, Spot the dog when i was v v little and anyone remember Count Duckula? they were all very good aswell!

18. Dan

Dan Member

I remember Count Duckula! I think my sister used to watch that. Does anyone remember 'Jamie and the Magic Torch' and Banana Man! Classics! Also Batfink and the Smurfs which always used to be on Saturday mornings. Those were the days :D

19. cornetgirl

cornetgirl Active Member

Bagpuss, dear Bagpuss, old fat furry catpuss....

Closely followed by the Flumps - I reckon Grandpa Flump and his flumpet was the original bandsman - he didn't even notice the carrot stuck down the bell!

Also love Clangers, Ivor and Mr Benn.

Rach x

20. Accidental

Accidental Supporting Member

My "teletubbies" were Ivor the Engine, the Wombles and Bod - fab! :lol:

Other childhood faves were Roobarb and Custard, Tom and Jerry (who got my vote) and the Trap Door 8)

21. akwarose

akwarose Active Member

PINKY AND THE BRAAAAINNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

come on, clearly a fantastic cartoon, as was banana man and count duckula :D
    as for today, i like clifford the big red dog :D

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    everybody
    cartoon series
    gag
    Mickey Mouse
    Goofy