Animal Music

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by sugarandspice, Mar 14, 2007.

1. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

Right, i need some help with the module of music i'm planning! I will post more quesitons as i go along, but for now i need:

An example of music which demonstrates tempo changes (fast to slow?) (slow to fast?) it can be any music but the tempo change needs to be really obvious!

and! Does anyone have any ideas of action songs about animals i could sing with the kids? I have a few examples but it wouldnt hurt to have a few more!

2. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Little Green Frogs? 3 Little Ducks? Bobby Bingo?
    You don't specify how old these kids are...
    BMB
    xx

3. sugarandspice

sorry, yr 3- 7 or 8!

4. tam-tam2

tam-tam2 Member

Riverdance?
    Air varies?

5. timbloke

timbloke Member

With my banding head on - Kalinka for the slow to fast, and perhaps Ticket to Ride (Alan Fernie arrangement) for fast to slow (particularly the end). But I'm sure there are better examples.

"Nice weather for ducks" by LemonJelly (All the ducks are swimming in the water), or perhaps something by the Llama Farmers? :tongue:

6. Leyfy

Leyfy Active Member

ah, that song rocks!! Love the flugal (is it??) solo in the middle? I've got a live version where they use a muted trumpet instead.

7. timbloke

timbloke Member

I thought it was a muted trumpet on the original. But couldn't say. Saw them at Glastonbury a few years back, fantastic gig (great light display after waiting about an hour for them to get the lighting sorted). But can't say I remember what was playing it then. Actually was worth missing the first half of the REM set to see them!

8. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

The Alan Catherall arrangement of Born Free for slow to fast - Say You Say Me by Lionel Ritchie; Hymn by Phil Collins;

Animal songs - try "Mud! Mud! Glorious Mud!" by Flanders and Swann. The Old Gumbie Cat (seems to cover both bases...)

9. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

I think the Health & Safety Authority - not to mention the parents - may have problems over fitting the actions to the words :eek:

10. Red Elvis

Red Elvis Active Member

I know some excellent "action songs" involving animals that we sing at rugby club on a regular basis !!!! :)

But then you might want to actually keep your job!

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    example of music
    Animal Music
    animals
    tempo changes
    module of music i
  12. sugarandspice

Indeed!.....as useful as that was.........

Anyone know "we're going on a bear hunt?"

13. Flutey

Flutey Active Member

I USED TO LOVE THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, I'll calm down now. Can't even remember it anyway :( something about going over something and under something I think :confused: but I will shut up now because this is nonsense :tongue:.