Angus Macdonald

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by meandmycornet, Mar 14, 2005.

1. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

Hiya, I'm after a midi or sheet music for this slow melody now! I didn't realise that softly awakes my heart had five flats in the key signiture! lol

if you could point me in the right direction as too where to find midis and sheet music I would be really grateful as I can never seem to find anything!

thanks in advance

2. Bob Stevenson

Bob Stevenson Member

If your can borrow the brass band cornet solo version of 'softly Awakes...' arranged by Gordon Langford and published by Chandos Music you will only have 3 flats to deal with!!
  3. samandy

samandy Member

Softly Awakes My Heart

The version in "29 Cornet Solos" by Walter Beeler is also in a reasonable key. 2 flats I think from memory
  4. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Erm, ... the sheet music link I posted in the other thread has the song in concert pitch. If you transpose it up a tone (so it can be played with the piano accomp.) it will be in the key of Eb.

... may as well add if you run the midi through a proggy like Sibelius and remove the solo part, then save it again as MIDI (with a slightly different name), you will have the accom. minus solo to practice along to. :cool:
  5. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Right...Angus MacDonald. I knew I'd got o copy of this so I've dug around for this and finally managed to find it tonight. I bought it ages ago and it was out of print then...the copy I have is from Chappell's Archive (a legal photocopy) and it's so old the telephone number on the front cover is 01- (the old London code for all you whippersnappers out there). I reckon it must've been 20 years ago now.

A quick google search hasn't turned anything up either - sorry! Any other tMper's got an idea where meandmycornet can get a [legal!] copy?

Oh BTW "Softy Awakes" is a much better solo IMHO...;)