Andante et Scherzo

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by themusicalrentboy, Jun 7, 2010.

1. themusicalrentboy

themusicalrentboy Active Member

I am in need a bit of help, people of tMP.

I am trying to do programme notes at the moment, and I finding it incredibly tricky to find any information on Andante et Scherzo by Henri Busser. There is a fair bit on the man himself, but not a lot on the piece, and I was wondering whether any of the good folk on here have any information I could use?

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    tMP
    Andante et Scherzo
    Andante
    Henri Busser
    information
  3. Euph1175

Euph1175 New Member

As far as I can remember, I think it was used as a set Audition Piece for the Paris Conservatiore in the early 1900's.

I may be wrong though:-?

4. simonpohare

simonpohare Member

I had exactly the same problem at Uni! I remember having to explain that it wasn't actually through laziness that I didn't have ANY info, and it turned out that even the profs couldn't get to the bottom of it.
    Great piece, though.

5. themusicalrentboy

themusicalrentboy Active Member

I may have been a little creative......... ;)

6. cockaigne

cockaigne Member

That sounds likely - a lot of these pieces were. There's usually a header with the title (e.g. 'Concours du Conservatoire National de Musique de Paris') or a dedication - those can be worth exploring, too.

There's more to the piece than its history, though programme notes shouldn't simply give a note-by-note account of the piece. They're a chance to put across what you feel about the music, though. If by 'creative' you mean you made stuff up, I'd seriously consider revisiting this if you have time. It's your performance; the notes are a way of reinforcing what you want to put across in your playing!

Respectfully,

J