And hi from me too!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by andywooler, Jul 26, 2005.

1. andywooler

andywooler Supporting Member

Hi, my name is Andy Wooler, better know to many as Ned Flanders from The Simpsons!

Based on the coast in Hove, my musical life includes MD of Mid Sussex Brass, playing whatever is needed in Uckfield Concert Brass, Trumpet and Chairman of the Sussex Symphony Orchestra and webmaster for the SCABA website.

However, none of this pays so my day job is as a Global eLearning Manager for Royal SunAlliance. (until mid October when redundancy kicks in :( ). A great job which finds me currently enjoying the heatwave in Saratoga Springs, NY. (hence the 2am post!).

In a strange coincidence, my meeting today was discussing the value and effectiveness of on-line communities as a learning tool - tMP is a fine example of how a community can be built using web based technologies and I would encourage all newcomers to get actively involved!
  2. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

And he's a thoroughly nice chap to boot. (Not that I've ever kicked him....)

One thing I DO miss, Andy (despite my 'Contesting? Forget it' rant) about being 'darn sarf' is the SCABA contests. Always well run. Always friendly, no one takes them too seriously.
  3. andywooler

andywooler Supporting Member

Seems as good a place as any to update the fact that my period of redundancy is over!
    As of 10th April, I take up the position of Learning Programme Manager at Legal & General - no more job searching, daytime television etc and just at the right time having now finished the Sopranos seasons 1 through 5!

The job location also means I can stay as MD at Mid Sussex Brass - good news for me but you'd better ask them if they agree ;)
    My Bells palsey is also now over as far as it effected playing - thanks to all who gave me advice on that one.

So, less daytime posting for me for a while!!
  4. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

Congratulations Andy!
  5. Maestro

Maestro Active Member

Glad things are on the up and up for you Andy.