Anagram Help!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Ann-Marie, Feb 11, 2004.

1. Ann-Marie

Ann-Marie Member

Every week I am challenged with a usually very easy anagram from my friend's Mum. The anagram originates from the shaded squares on a crossword. I am having difficulty with this one though and wonder whether anyone can help!!! :shock:

It is a childrens TV programme / series and is one word made up of the following letters:

h b o a h o b

I really am sure there is more to life than this!!!!
  2. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Hmmmmm. Foxed me and my anagram package. Don't watch enough kids' TV! The letters are all definitely right? I was thinking Bob-a-Job? (Was there a kids prog called Bob-a-Job??)
  3. Ann-Marie

Ann-Marie Member

Thanks Dave - I knew you would be the first on seeing the word anagram in the title!

Whether the letters are all definitely right is debatable!! The crossword will be coming in tomorrow if all else fails (which obviously may be the case as the Anagram King doesn't have the answer!!)

Any more offers...........?
  4. Di

Di Active Member

Oooh dear, I find it very sad that I can help you out on this one. :oops: :oops: :wink:

Its boobah.

Check out the website.

Vickitorious caught a glimpse of these as we were channel hopping and thought they were "cute". Bleugh!!!!
  5. Ann-Marie

Ann-Marie Member

Thanks Dinie - who needs an anagram package!!!!

My friend had 2 teeth out yesterday and after clicking on that link, thinks she is still under the influence of the anaesthetic :shock:

6. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Nope. I'd never heard of this! Well done Dinie! My kids TV experience is Mr Benn, Mary Mungo and Midge, The Woodentops, Camberwick Green, Trumpton, Chigley, Hector's House, Noggin the Nog..... (there's another anagram quiz in there, somewhere.... ;-)
  7. Di

Di Active Member

Having checked out that web site again, perhaps its not the best thing to show you what these little things really are. I will only leave my piccie like this for a short time, so get a good look at it now. The programme is something similar to teletubbies with people running and floating around making silly squeeky noises. Has to be seen to be believed. Like I say, if you're a kid, they may look cute, but ........
  8. floral_dance

floral_dance Member

Never heard of it but have seen the hairy things in the shops and wondered what they were, now I know!!
  9. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

It looks to me like a gonk gone wrong :shock:

Whoops :!: - Showing my age now :oops: