An open letter to Alan Pardew

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Will the Sec, Feb 13, 2006.

1. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Dear Mr Pardew,

I will be the first to admit that I was not happy when you were appointed manager of my beloved Hammers.

I did not want you to come, I wanted you to leave when West Ham failed at the last hurdle of the play offs two seasons ago.

I wanted you to depart even more when West Ham slipped to ninth in January 2005.

OK, I admit, I cheered with relief when West Ham made the play offs last year, and screamed myself hoarse when Bobby Zamora scored in the final. I celebrated like all the locals did that day and for two days afterwards, and I cheered when West Ham came out for their first game in the premiership.

But, underneath all that, I had my doubts about your management.

Come November, I, like all Hammers fans were thrilled at where we were in the league - not just "not in the bottom three" but looking to be in the mix for a top 7 place by the end of the year.

And why were we in this position? Because of your tactics.

I expect everyone thought West Ham would grind out results, and maybe scrape safe passage to another year in the Premiership.

How wrong we all were.

If not quite "attack, attack, attack!" Kevin Keegan style, West Ham have never sat on a lead this year, never given up when a solitary goal down, and as a result, have picked up some stunning wins. *cough* Arsenal *cough*

So, like all the football pundits do each week, I applaud you, and your tactics, and I offer my sincere apologies for doubting you.

Alan Pardew, you are a Hammer!

Respectfully yours, Will the Happy Hammer!

(Sixth! It's so high, I'll get a nose bleed!)

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Alan Pardew
    first
    Hammers.
    letter
    manager
  3. Steve

Steve Active Member

Im sure Alan Pardew is a regular browser of these boards Will. Im looking forward to his reply ;)

Well done to the Hammers.

4. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

5. andywooler

andywooler Supporting Member

Will, that is a letter I could also write!

I was at last nights match and must also applaud the tribute paid to the late great Ron Greenwood. A plethora of WHU legends were in attendance with Sir Trevor speaking eloquently as usual. This was by far the best observed silence I have witnessed at the Boleyn in many a year.
    West Ham United showing the Premier League how it's done both on and off the pitch.

This should have been done at ALL grounds last weekend.

6. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

All of which illustrates the benefits of sticking with and having patience with a manager if things don't go according to plan at the start. ;)

7. Bigenglandfan

Bigenglandfan Member

:( Nobody can deny that West Ham are the surprise package of the season in the top flight. Shame some of us don't have just the "top flight" to look at:( :( !!!

8. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

I wasn't suprise, not with the hammers having ex Wimbledon star Reo-Coker, who told the Mongs where to get off when they moved up to Concrete cow town abd asked for a move. Still highly regarded by us down in the lowly Ryman Prem!
    I reckon he could go on and play for England and it's a mixture of youngsters like him and old heads like Teddy that have been the story of West Ham's success this season

9. uncle eric

uncle eric Member

dear friends
    here is my open letter to alan pardew.

dear mr pardew,

i live in a small village with our ada, and i enjoy biscuits and tea. and bands. i have a special place in my heart for that carol vauderman, she's lovely. i like to listen to richard stilgoe records, and i avidly collect plates with the names and pictures of towns and villages on. the whole house is full of them! i wasn't too happy the other day when our ada dropped my silver jubilee plate from godmanchester (produced by the village guild), not least becasue there was a plate of lincolns on them!
    anyway, i used to be an avid follower of glossop north end, but reading that dreary liverpool football club ongoing bore-athon thread completely put me off the game for life. which brings me to my point. now i've got some free time on my hands, would you like to become my penpal?

regards uncle eric

10. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Will, would you consider a straight swap, Him for Harry Rednap? I'm beginning to think Pompey are doomed with HR in charge this time round.

11. IYOUNG

IYOUNG Member

Agreed - most over rated manager of the year award winner last 2 years

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Alan Pardew
    first
    Hammers.
    letter
    manager
  13. Bob Sherunkle

Bob Sherunkle Active Member

Dear all
    Here is my open letter to Uncle Eric

Good day Uncle Eric

Hooray! Yours is the sort of post that this forum needs more of.

I couldn't agree more with your priorities in life and I know Mr Pardew is a collector of limited edition plates, mostly adorned with pictures of naked ladies I recall.
    "Nice muffins" I remarked last time I was at his house for tea, which indeed they were.

I am certain that you and Alan will hit it off like a house on fire.

Preferably Will the Sec's house if Alan were to have his way.

Anyway, I'm off for a nice cup of Rosie Lee and a suggestive biscuit.

Up The Hammers

Regards

Bob

14. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Nah, Alan and I are good mates now.