Amusing advert.

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by TIMBONE, May 19, 2005.

1. TIMBONE

TIMBONE Active Member

On page 5 of this weeks British Bandsman, there is a half page advert for the Pontins Youth Brass Band Championships 2005. Top left is a picture of someone playing the saxophone. Far top right is a small picture with a front row of flutes. In the middle of the picture it looks like part of a brass quintet, including two trumpets and a french horn.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    page
    advert
    Brass Band
    Bandsman
    British
  3. groovy

groovy Active Member

*Shakes head* No wonder so many people are confused about what brass instruments are, the difference between a brass and a military band etc if the Bandsmen can't even get it right!

4. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

or, more likely, the company employed to promote the event don't know what they're doing...

5. TIMBONE

TIMBONE Active Member

I agree with you lynchie, I don't think that BB would make that mistake. It must be a bit of a catch 22 situation, I bet a few people were cringing at having to put that advert into their publication, but what can they do? It came from the sponsors.

6. dyl

dyl Active Member

Even so ..... the BB still has control over what goes in ..... oh sorry, I forgot, money talks doesn't it?

7. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

I guess if someone's paid for a full page advert, and they just send in the image, the bandsman can't really send it back saying "Err, you got the instruments wrong" because the publicity company would probably think it a trivial problem, and want compensation.