Ammanford Town Band

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by Colin Hogg, Jan 23, 2007.

1. Colin Hogg

Colin Hogg Member

Edit: Latest vacancies can be found at the end of the thread.

Colin Hogg has just returned as MD to Ammanford town band, but the band needs more players to help them get back to the standard they were when they became "1st Section Champion band of Wales" just a few years ago.
    All new players are welcome to this friendly West Wales Band
    If you are interested please contact:
    Colin Hogg on 07966552507, alternatively my e-mail address is We look forward to hearing from you.:clap:
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2007
  2. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Nice news Colin, I wish you the very best of success with Ammanford Band.

My regards to you and all of the crew :)
  3. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

Just to say that Colin came for audition at Kippax a few years ago, and although he didn't get the job, ( I wish he had !) we were very impressed with him.
    I reckon any band with Colin as MD will do well.
    Good luck to you all,
    - Wilky
  4. Hornblower RN

Hornblower RN Member

Nice to see you back Colin...I hope all goes well for you. I would gladly join you again if I was younger but at 69 next week and living 34 miles away I guess I will give it a miss. I did enjoy playing at Hayley's wedding and meeting up with some of the old band. Good luck mate to you and all the band. :clap:
  5. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

Just to clarify that this was a long time ago, well before the (Re) appointment of our current MD Keith Wardle who is a star man !
    - Wilky
  6. tam-tam2

tam-tam2 Member

It was a shame that Ammanford had to drop out of the Areas last year, I hope you are able to get a band together to go this year. All the best with the rebuilding!!
  7. jackocorn

jackocorn Member

So when do you practice now? Shan't be joining, but am glad of a blow whilst working over this way - if it'll help at all?
  8. Colin Hogg

Colin Hogg Member

Would be glad to see you
    Wednesday 7:30 to 9:30 and Sunday 6:00 to 8:30
  9. Colin Hogg

Colin Hogg Member

10. Mr Hogg

All the best for the future, learnt alot about the older side of music and older peices! anyway all the best wid amm, c ya around

11. Colin Hogg

Colin Hogg Member

For those of you who heard us at the Ebbw Vale Contest, there is a light at the end of the tunnel, but we need more players !!!!!!, So if you fancy a Schilke Sop, or decent Cornet, give me a call on 07966 552507, or Email me via this exelent web site
  12. JayneSop

JayneSop Member

Ammanford Band are seeking the services of a good tutti cornet for Treorchy Contest next week. The Band is in the process of rebuilding have been very successful in filling most vacancies within the band and will start the 2008 year in good shape.

Please PM if you have any interest in helping us out for the contest on 17th or indeed if you are looking to join a sociable and friendly but hard working band. Please feel free to call me on 07974433126. Expenses will be paid.

Test piece will be Gothic Dances.
    The run up to contest will include masterclass with composer Alan Fernie next Tuesday.

13. topeuph

topeuph Member

Horn Player for Welsh Area 2nd Section.

Ammanford Town Silver Band are looking for quality tenor horn players to play at the Welsh area at the Branwyn Hall Swansea on the 14th of March.
    if you are interested the please PM me.