Ammanford 2006

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by Matt-Trom939, Oct 1, 2006.

1. Matt-Trom939

Matt-Trom939 Member

Just wondering what bands will be attending the Ammonford contest this coming Saturday. Rogerstone Brass Band will be there.
  2. Ickle.Hannah

Ickle.Hannah Member

Haha Hi Matt Itz Hannah Salvage! Newport will be attending playin (edit: name of test piece removed) and my Dad will be travelling down with Roggy coz he has no friends! just joking btm arnt goin down so he wants to watch u sadly he might not be able to watch me :'( well nvm lol xx
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2006
  3. jim

jim Member

gonna pop along it looks carnt play tho cos im a regersterd english player! (shame stupid rules!) may find a bar instead!
  4. Cantonian

Cantonian Active Member

Parc and Dare will be there. Unfortunately I won't as this is a double booking for me...Canton Band are at Portsmouth for the weekend!

Anyway good luck to the band and particularly Dil, our second horn player depping for me!
  5. Deano

Deano Member

Ickle.Hannah as it's an own choice closed adjudication contest do you think it's wise that you announced your piece especially when the adjudictor could be a TMP'er.
  6. 007ish

007ish Member

:confused: does this raise a question on the adjudicators integrity?
  7. Matt-Trom939

Matt-Trom939 Member

I apoligise. I should have stated that test piece choices should not be announced. However i presumed that anyone with an ounce of common sense would realise this. Obviously common sense is not present in all TMP'ers.
  8. 007ish

007ish Member

I would like to point out something that has been said before; this is an open family site. You have taken the liberty of assuming that all “TMP’ers” are experienced band members, with a full understanding of the myths and legends of this mystical brass band world of ours. If you have such understanding it maybe a better choice to offer advice not cynicism !
  9. GingerMaestro

GingerMaestro Active Member

Well said:clap: ...but then perhaps he falls into the the catogory of tMP'ers he is referring to
  10. tam-tam2

tam-tam2 Member

Hi Matt! I will be at Ammanford, probably my last contest with Rogerstone......what a contest to go out on eh!! See you in band!!:tup
  11. We'll be there in Section 3. Looking forward to the contest, as I always generally do any other contests. Hopefully get a better result than the last contest, but banding is a funny old game!
  12. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Good luck to you Tim on your last contest performance with Roggy. Wishing you the very best.
  13. premacyblue

premacyblue Member

Hi, Markham Band will be there too playing in Section 1
  14. Matt-Trom939

Matt-Trom939 Member

I would like to clarify that i know Ickle.Hannah from school and band and what i said was merely intended to mock her in friendly yet subtle way. I do apoligise for causing an TMP'ers offence and i am quite a nice person really and not a vicious cynic as it may have seemed :p
  15. dyl

dyl Active Member

Thanks Matt - and on that note - back to discussing the contest we go! ;)
  16. persins

persins Member

I think I'm going but not playing!?!?!?!
    I'll probably be in the bar with Jim!
  17. tam-tam2

tam-tam2 Member

Hate to disappoint but the contest is held at the Amman Valley School so no bar on site, plenty of pubs in the town though...including a few cheap Workingmen's Clubs that normally let bands people in!! You will find me in the bar afterwards too....:guiness :biggrin:

Come and say hello!!

Ps. Matt, please note the spelling of 'Ammanford'
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2006
  18. jim

jim Member

Discussing tactics on how to win the west of england area!!!!
  19. Deano

Deano Member

Like Tim said, there are some cheap clubs ( Workingmens & Social known locally as the Pick & Shovel), but most of the bands tend to go to The Cross, if this year is anything like 2 years ago, then make sure you've got your singing voice with you cos the karaoke was bouncing all night, hogged I must say by No2Taz (Smithy).
  20. no2taz

no2taz Member

Thanks for pointing that out Deano ( it wasnt that bad was it ) Its Funny how that has come up in conversation several times in the last 9-10 months I think I only did 2 songs mind "let me entertain you" and I think the other was "Mustang Sally". As usual I will probably have a go this year depending on the abillity of speach by then.

Newbridge will be competing as usual and looking forward to the weekend with excitement about performing one of our fav test pieces.
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2006