Amington Band - Situations vacant

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by wez.k, Apr 19, 2006.

1. wez.k

wez.k Member

Edit: For current vacancies and contact details, please see most recent posts

Amington Band have a long history, and had a spell in the Championship section in the early Nineties. Sadly they suffered a catastrophic loss of players in the mid-nineties and like many bands have struggled to survive since then.

The band have a well appointed bandroom, which is located in Tamworth, about 10 mins from the M42, and rehearse on Mondays and Wednesdays from 19:30 to 21:30. We welcome young players and the band includes a number of youngsters who have been taught by members of the band.

I have been working with them since 1998, and we have gradually raised the standards and gained more players as we have moved on. I am fully committed to working with them for as long as they want me, and believe that by doing so, I am giving something back to the movement which has given me so much pleasure over the years.

Now the exciting bit!

This September Amington Band will be joining bands from all over the country to compete in the 4th section National Finals in Harrogate. Amington Band came second at the 'Midlands Regionals' in March out of a total of 24 bands!

Here is what '4barsrest' had to say:

"Joining them at Harrogate will be the Amington Band who produced perhaps a bit of a shock by claiming the runners up place. We say that because they were making their comeback to the contest this year after missing last year, but playing off the number 9 draw they produced a very neat and tidy account that benefited from intelligent direction from the podium and a group of very solid and confident soloists."

Inevitably, the band had some help from a couple of deps in the Area contest, but I believe that if we are to succeed at Harrogate, we need these seats filled as soon as possible by committed players who will join us and help to take the band forward.

The seats that need filling are:

2 x Cornets
    1st Baritone
    1st Trombone
    Percussion (Kit)

If you would be interested in a challenge (I can only promise you blood sweat and tears!) please contact me:

Home 01827 54819
    Mobile 07740 779624
    Email wes@falnamusic.com

You can find out more about the band at www.amingtonband.com

and about me at www.falnamusic.com

Thanks for reading this,

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2009
  2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Amington Band
    Amington Band - Situations
    Championship
    Nineties
    Harrogate
  3. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Good luck with your recruitment Wez, and congrats on bringing the band back to a super standard.

One point though: there seems to be an important link missing from your bands links page - which, when you are able to advertise for these positions for free on it - isn't too much to ask eh ;)

4. wez.k

wez.k Member

Fair point, I dont administer the band's website but I'll speak to those that do.

5. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Thank you sir, that would be appreciated. :tup

6. wez.k

wez.k Member

Amington Band - Midlands - 4th section - 2nd Euph/Back Row Cornets wanted

Amington Band (10th in 4th section National finals 2006) are looking for 2nd Euph and two Back Row Cornets right now due to players leaving to go to University. Amington is part of Tamworth, Staffs. We can offer you a very friendly band containing a good number of young people, stimulating concert material, challenging contesting. We work hard in rehearsals, but always try to enjoy it!

Email me on wes@falnamusic.com if you are interested.

Regards, Wesley Kendrick - MD

Last edited: Oct 1, 2006
  7. AlanGiff

AlanGiff New Member

Amington

Hello everybody.

Amington Band the new Midlands 4th Section Champs and the 2007 National Runners-up are looking for a 1st Baritone, curent incumbent is moving to Euph.

We have our own Band Room in Tamworth, there is a map at www.amingtonband.co.uk, we practise 19:30 to 21:30 on Mondays and Wednesdays

Contact Either Me, Alan Gifford 07710 426588 secretary@amingtonband.co.uk or our MD Wes Kendrick wes@amingtonband.co.uk

8. AlanGiff

AlanGiff New Member

Front Row Cornet Vacancy

2008 Midlands 4th Section Winners require a Front Row Cornet. Come to Harrogate with us in September.

Amington Band rehearse on Mondays and Wednesdays 19:30 to 21:30 in our own Band Room.

We are an exceptionally Friendly band, contact Bob on 07866 258425 or email bob.godfrey@amingtonband.co.uk

9. wez.k

wez.k Member

Principal Euph required

Amington Band (Midlands, 3rd Section) require a Principal Euphonium due to present incumbent leaving for Royal Northern College. Past experience as a Principal is desireable but not absolutely necessary, a high playing standard and ability to lead a section is more important. The band is very friendly and ambitious, with a high proportion of youthful players.
    This is a great opportunity for an aspiring player to further his/her playing career. For more details please email M.D. at
    wes@falnamusic.com

Edit: threads merged as per tMP Recruitment guidelines

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2009
  10. wez.k

wez.k Member

Solo Horn required

Amington Band (Midlands, 3rd Section) require a Solo Horn due to present incumbent leaving for Birmingham Conservatoire to study French Horn. Past experience as a Principal is desireable but not absolutely necessary, a high playing standard and ability to lead a section is more important. The band is very friendly and ambitious, with a high proportion of youthful players.
    This is a great opportunity for an aspiring player to further his/her playing career. For more details please email M.D. at
    wes@falnamusic.com

11. wez.k

wez.k Member

Amington Band, Midlands 3rd Section

Due to re-location, 2nd Trombone and Bb or Eb Bass required.
    We are a friendly and supportive band, based in Tamworth, Staffs, with a busy schedule of concerts and contests. If you would like a fresh challenge and are a keen and commited player, please email M.D. on

wes@falnamusic.com

Edit: Threads merged (RT)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2010
  12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Amington Band
    Amington Band - Situations
    Championship
    Nineties
    Harrogate