American Express

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by johnlawson, Jun 29, 2003.

1. johnlawson

johnlawson New Member

Can anyone help?

I am trying to find this album, which was released by Cory back in the late 70's early 80's. Ideally, I want a copy on CD or tape, but would go for a vinyl disc if nothing else. I am pretty sure it contains a recording of 'The blue and the Gray' which was an peice composed for military band and subsequently arranged for brass by (I believe) Denzil Stephens.

Anyone there able to assist.

John Lawson
  2. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Hi John

Welcome to tMP - glad to have you onboard!

Have you tried contacting Cory Band directly? We have a member of Cory here on tMP - this is his/her profile - you might like try to PM him/her and ask?

Good luck in your quest, and I'm certain you'll get more answers as well :lol:

3. johnlawson

johnlawson New Member

Thanks for the advice

New to this, so don't really know where to start looking yet!!!

I have sent a PM (i think), so hope to get somewhere.

many thanks again

4. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Re: Thanks for the advice

Tell you what John... I'll PM this note to the tMP member from cory for you - hopefully he/she will reply that way either by PM to you or directly in the forum....

Oh... and don't worry.... you'll soon get the hang of it... :wink:

5. Pondasher

Pondasher Member

'The Blue and the Gray'

Hi John

I have looked at my records, and the LP American Express (Cory My Ref: COR3) does not have 'The Blue and the Gray' on it.

However, it is included on two other LP records and available from my website: -

Ref: COR12 (Cory) 'The Cory Band - Sounds of Brass'
    Ref: P1 (Point of Ayr - EINCO) 'The Blue and the Gray'
  6. johnlawson

johnlawson New Member

Excellent response from everyone. Within a couple of days I had two positive responses, and an opportunity to get holf of a copy of the album I had been looking for for so long.

Thanks to all for your help.