Amazing to think that this time last year...

Discussion in '2006 National Championships of Great Britain discu' started by Andy_Euph, Feb 25, 2006.

1. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

I'd have been sat on stage making a pigs ear of the ending to Comedy Overture in the freezing Dolphin Centre!:clap:

Good luck to everyone over the next month :tup

Also anyone got any predictions?

2. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

tMP prediction comp should be up and running ASAP so keep a head's up! :tup

3. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Just starting a weeks holiday so i could play ay the Midland Area on the same piece, will be breaking up next saturday instead:clap: so i can play on Voyage Of Discovery

4. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

This time last year I'd just moved up to Yorkshire and was getting the last week of practice with Emley!

5. The Cornet King

The Cornet King Active Member

Aye this weekend last year i was hammering Rienzi out in the Dolphin centre and coming last! :(

All you need prediction wise is Fourth section, Yorkshire, Emley, Champions...hopefully :biggrin:

6. flower girl

flower girl Member

this time last year i hadn't even started banding .
    Last year was a briliant year
    :D

7. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

I was all nervous, rehearsing hard, getting ready to defend our 1st section title at the area. Now? Well, rehearsing hard, but no nerves, yet anyway, not so sure come Sunday :eek:

8. GingerMaestro

GingerMaestro Active Member

Around this time last year ish well after the areas sat moaning on here about the useless adjudication from WOE 4th Section Good Luck in Austrailia B H

9. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

This time last year we were on a high after winning the Yorkshire 1st Section for the 2nd year running.

This year we're still on a high, for our 9th place in the Championship Section! What a result for us!

10. Mrs Fruity

Mrs Fruity Member

Congratulations, Hatfield!!!!!!! Pretty mercurial rise to those dizzy heights - I've just been looking at the area results over the last 5 years or so - I like the way your band appeared from nowhere in 2000, was it, and now you're up there with they big boys - and very well deserved too!!!! Congrats to you, SUSAN, and the O'Connors and Tim, and everyone else cos you all deserve it. I know how hard you work! Blessed be! :)

11. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

Thanks a lot Jillian, it's nice to get a mention without coming in the prizes. Yes, 16th in the 3rd Section National Finals in 2000 to 9th in the Championship Section Area in 2006. It's been a long hard slog, but well worth it! :D

12. JohnnyEuph

JohnnyEuph Member

It aint over yet chuck. . .:cool:

13. Ste69

Ste69 Member

Getting over a very bad day in the Dolphin Centre :frown:

Still we can try again this time :)

14. Steve

Steve Active Member

This time last year I was playing with Raunds in their 1st contest in the Midlands 1st section. A year on and 4br have them down as a top 3 band! Good luck guys :tup

15. flower girl

flower girl Member

this time last year i was just starting the emley, getting ready for the pogson bray contest :D

16. GingerMaestro

This time last year I was sat on this site moaning like hell about the adjudicator and this year I couldn't be more complimetary about the two guys at burton in the 3rd section (Mr Whitham and Mr Hope) did a good job

17. Keith Lewis

Keith Lewis Member

This time last year was about to get my "I've contested in every section " badge and this time last year plus a few days I won my first contest. :clap:

and now I've got to go and work 34 hrs a day down mill, drink a cup of hot gravel, whilst licking road clean wit tongue(appologies to Mr Python)

18. GingerMaestro

Keith hasn't anyone told you the pit is closed and I've seen life of grime from bristol and they use a road sweeper now

Good Luck for Saturday :tup

19. Bassbones

Bassbones Member

This time last year I was enjoying the trip of a lifetime to the New Zealand Nationals with United Co-op Yorkshire. What a fatastic experience both on and off the contest stage.

20. HUDDSBASSBONE

HUDDSBASSBONE Member

This time last year, I was feeling depressed about going down a section after the areas, and generally feeling ****ed off with playing Glen Miller Special every rehearsal in a band where no-one wanted to get any better! Was getting more and more desperate to go and have a crack at the big contests/concerts, rather than tiny, rubbish jobs in front of the same 20 people once a month. Even contemplated giving up playing completely as I felt the life was being sapped out of me with every rehearsal that went by...

Tons better now, though. Better concerts, contests and ambition. Life couldn't get any better. (Actually I'm lying - I could have won the lottery and finally realized my true occupation - 'Lady wot lunches'!)