Amazing Race by Mackereth.

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by IanHeard, Jun 9, 2007.

1. IanHeard

IanHeard Member

I went to a concert by the Chalk Farm Band recently and would like to buy a copy of this peice....any idea`s where I can get it from?
    It`s not listed on his website or any other of the usual outlets.
    Thoroughly enjoyed the concert btw....Mr Loukes` cornet solo was beautifully played..what a sound!

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Amazing Race
    Loukes
    Mackereth
    Chalk Farm Band
    peice
  3. tromepic

tromepic New Member

Kirmat

It is in the Triumph Series March 2007 available from World of Brass for £44.95. You could try and ring them to see if there is price for the piece on it's own by ringing them, but I doubt they will do that just yet! Hope this helps

4. IanHeard

IanHeard Member

Many thanks, I`ll give them a ring!

5. Bari2

Bari2 New Member

6. WorldofBrass.com

WorldofBrass.com Active Member

Spot on, tromepic.
    Because this particular journal has only just been produced, we're not able to supply Amazing Race on its own at this point.

The journal is listed on the World of Brass website if you prefer to order that way; http://www.worldofbrass.eu/acatalog/35108.html

Finally, to respond to Bari2, there's no point in contacting Andrew Mackereth directly about Amazing Race as he 'gifted' it to The Salvation Army and it's now published in the aforementioned journal. However, through his Blow and Believe website, he sells music that he's published himself including a really excellent bass trombone solo called Swing Low.

7. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Unless, of course, you'd like the original wind ensemble version, as premiered by SASWE ;)

8. Bari2

Bari2 New Member

I'm always happy to try and get Andrew as much business as possible as It's very much deserved for all the hard work he's put into his compositions. It took a long time for the SA to recognise his talents and I believe it was a composition that was originally done for SASWE (Keep Me Praising) that got him noticed.

9. carlwoodman

carlwoodman Member

Andrew arranged, and conducted, the finale at last Saturday's Gospel Arts Concert in the Royal Albert Hall.

Nice job, Andrew!

10. Bari2

Bari2 New Member

Carl

That's good to hear. Thanks for letting me know.