Amazing Hammers News

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by andywooler, Sep 1, 2006.

1. andywooler

andywooler Supporting Member

What a coup! Or is it? Will we finally see the back of Terry Brown? Will an Iranian with no ties to the club be any better? (apart from the money of course!)Whilst I'm pleased to see this sort of talent arriving at the Boleyn, something 'aint quite right about how this is to be financed.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Amazing Hammers News So Pardew
    Pardew
    Amazing Hammers News
    new broom
    ice age
  3. dyl

dyl Active Member

An amazing bit of business - and such a shock too. However, like you say Andy, something does appear a bit dodgy abput the cloak and dagger way it was concluded, but if you only get both players for a season, they are an excellent addition to what was already quite a strong looking squad at Upton Park - and I expect the feel-good factor has just multiplied tenfold! Plus it stops the @rse and he mancs strenghtening themselves so it can only be good for premiership football in geneal! ;)

Heard some rumours that Abramovich is involved in the media company in some capacity which probably explains why they didn't go to Arsenal or Man Ure, however, I can't help thinking that Tevez would have been of more use the Chelsea than donkey Drogba!

4. andywooler

If the rumours of a takeover (as noted in todays papers) are true then as a shareholder, I would expect to hear once any formal offer is made. To date, nothing has come through. No doubt the press will get it long before I do anyway!
    I agree that one season is better than none as long as we don't have to sell any key players. There were rumours yesterday that Reo Coker was possibly heading to Manure - fortunately that hasn't happened during this transfer window though. (They obviously like the sound of Rio/Reo!)

5. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

not in the best interests of West Ham

MSI own the rights and the contracts of both players , instead of the clubs , I think West Ham have paid a million pounds for both players for the season , I don't think they will be at the club next season as both players have joined west ham to put them in the European shop window , MSI ( who were looking to buy west ham from Terry Brown last year) have links to Pini Zahivi and Sibnet ( Roman Obramavich ) from next season the players will be on sale for 30 million plus. I can't see Tevez going back to Corinthians as he was threatened by fans last week , the Mastercard adverts posted on the internet during the world cup didn't help his cause..the tag line "Knowing the best player in Brasil is Argentinian....Priceless".
    who wants to see clubs like West Ham as feeder clubs for Europes Big guns? :(

6. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

I heard this morning that Reo was rumoured to be having a medical at Arsenal yesterday, That'd be a first - Wenger BUYING a English player!!

I think that although it's a bit dodgy from a West Ham point of view, only having one season from them, it's great as a neutral in that i get to see great young talent in the premiership.

7. dyl

dyl Active Member

Walcott?

8. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

According to BBC Sport website West Ham having exploratory discussions re takeover. Wonder who that might be with...........

9. Maestro

Maestro Active Member

Delia?????? :rolleyes: :biggrin:
    Let's face it mate, West Ham might as well be called Norwich reserves, with the number of players they have signed from us over the years. :biggrin: :biggrin: :tongue:

10. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

fair point! must be his lack of apperances that have let him slip my mind.

11. dyl

dyl Active Member

:clap:

Oh and there was Francis Jeffers too......................... :oops:

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Amazing Hammers News So Pardew
    Pardew
    Amazing Hammers News
    new broom
    ice age
  13. Maestro

Maestro Active Member

Don't forget Richard Wright.....mind you, I think everyone else has forgotten him. :rolleyes:

14. andywooler

Of course, that well know long term resident of Norwich, Mr Ashton, who joined you 15th January 2005 and left January 2006. Not ever really yours was he ;)
    Then there was Mackay - didn't hang around here for long either.
    And I guess this comment is because we just acquired your keeper

Never mind, I hope you had good sell on clauses considering how much they will improve at the Academy of Football:D

15. andywooler

Depends on what you are talking about as "rights". The players registration is an important part of that and as FA rules don't allow anyone other than the club to hold that, then WHU are the current holders of their registration. This is different where they came from where MSI owned their registration apparently.

Also consider this from the club:
    "The Board also confirms that there is no contractual link between the signing of the players and the bid discussions."

The rest of the announcement is exactly the same as what they put out for the Tony Cottee consortium non bid last year.

16. Maestro

Maestro Active Member

According to figures that I have recently seen, it would appear that you are correct Sir

17. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

I would just like top point out that Malky was at Carrow Road for several years and is sadly missed even now the guy was a true gent. Was actually with Norwich for 6 years. Wonder if your latest 2 Argentinians will be?

Also you dumped him when promoted to the Premier same as we did in fact if you look at his record

2004 Promoted to Premiership with Norwich and released to West Scam
    2005 Promoted to Premiership with West Scam and released to Watford
    2006 Promoted to Premiership with Watford at least they kept him, and rightly so.

Also Mr 'Wurzel' Green you are welcome to him. Check out Norwichs' performances over the last 2 years since he has been on the fringe of the England squad. :wink: If ever a man believed in his own press!

Before you scream sour grapes, I cannot claim to be a season ticket holder or share holder just a mere employee of the club I love.

18. Maestro

Maestro Active Member

You playing alongside Earnie next game then mate? :eek: :eek:

19. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

Lol! Would bring a whole new meaning to the big man up front!

20. andywooler

I can hardly accuse you of such a thing when you mainly appear to be agreeing with me! ;)
    Incidentally, I do have a soft spot for Norwich as it was my late fathers team (his side of the family are from Brundle/Acle areas)

21. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

Pardew has threatened to Quit if team selection is interfered with....All I can say to you Hammers fan's give a big welcome to you new boss your friend and mine "Sven Goran Erikson"
    Just look at the facts , nice gaff in London, out of work , one of his agents is Pini Zahivi...simple

22. andywooler

Football agents - sperm of the devil!!!!