Am I lucky?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by alanl58, Jul 24, 2004.

1. alanl58

alanl58 Member

This evening we played a small concert on the beach at Crackington Haven - a "Sausage Sizzle" to be precise, to raise funds for the band.

No entrance fee, no programme, no star players, no solos, no championship perfomance. Just a few friends of the band selling hot dogs, and bunch of players enjoying their music and passing it on to the holidaymakers, who had a "free" evening away from the confines of their holiday chalet and the tv box.

As we left there was a glorious sunset (we get plenty of these), and I thought "where else in the country could you play for an hour and a half in these tremendous surroundings, hills, sea, sky.... Am I lucky, or is it just good to be alive?"

Is this what true brass banding is all about?

Alan Lafferty

St Gennys Silver Band
  2. BIG Paul

BIG Paul Member

seems to me that you are one of the lucky bands. such abeautiful area good friends a good time .

YES this is what banding is all about
  3. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

So what, we've got all that in Scotland too.

Ok, I was maybe exaggerating on the sunshine bit. :D :D
  4. floral_dance

floral_dance Member

yeah that's true but when did you last see a band sausage sizzle on Silver Sand beach or Burntisland :wink: :lol:
  5. Okiedokie of Oz

Okiedokie of Oz Active Member

every performance is like that in Australia!!! :wink: :p
  6. ScrapingtheBottom

ScrapingtheBottom Active Member

Bit with bigger, nastier spiders. :wink:
  7. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

and snakes...and lizards...and Rolf Harris...
  8. ScrapingtheBottom

Can ye giss wut it ees yit?

mmm dede mmm dede mmm dede mmm dede.

<wobbles wobbleboard>
  9. Okiedokie of Oz

Okiedokie of Oz Active Member

That has got to be the worst Australlian accent I have ever seen!!!

Aye say, guvnah, wuld you like some orange Cher-bert? Tee and bizkets? :roll:
  10. Nah mate we disowned Rolf Harris aaaaaggeeesss ago. - what you see on Neighbours is more accurate, if a little too 'southern' at times.
  11. Euph-Bari

Euph-Bari Active Member

:lol: :lol: :lol:
  12. :lol: Bandings always like that here in Cambridgeshire too :)

You will always find bands who think they are 'the big boys of banding' and just are totally not friendly and never have a nice time though :p
  13. Don't know if any of you have ever played at St Keverne's bandroom in Cornwall but they have a fantastic setting... the view overlooks the countryside and the sea... we did a few concerts with rochdale youth in the evening and watching the sunset there was fantastic.
  14. Di

Di Active Member

Sounds delightful. :D Jealousy level rising. :evil: Have spent many many happy holidays in Padstow. Such a lovely area. Wanna live near the seaside! :evil:

Hope you didn't get any of that nasty sand in your valves tho! :? :wink:
  15. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

well... yes...
  16. ScrapingtheBottom

But I'm not a cockney!? :shock: :D