Alternative Theatre Performance - "Auto Auto"

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by cornishscot, Apr 13, 2008.

1. cornishscot

cornishscot Member

Percussionists based in and around London in particular may enjoy the "alternative" performance concert called "Auto Auto" currently running at Riverside Studios, Hammersmith for the next couple of weeks.

There is no "story" as such but the 2 German guys who deliver the show (both are incidentally classically trained percussionists I believe) exploit the acoustic qualities of their own voices and those of a real car to the maximum to make "music" of a percussive nature and gradually destroy the car in the process with the aid of their hands/feet and several implements including a sledge hammer and an angle grinder! First premiered at Edinburgh Fringe last year.

Last 80 mins. and ticket prices are variable depending on when you go (max. £17 a head a weekends).

If you want to know more do a Google Search and see what comes up - otherwise PM me and I will try to find you a link to the venue or something.