Alternative for DW Flugelmouthpiece??

Discussion in 'theMouthPiece.com User Reviews' started by Flugelfrank, Jul 22, 2009.

1. Flugelfrank

Flugelfrank Member

Hi
    As a flugelplayer I`m still searching for an alternative for my DW 4F mouthpiece.The DW 4 F has an uncomfortable rim, but I like the warm sound! I tried an Yamaha 14F4 GP which is very comfortable and has a nice sound but not as the DW.Thought about the Alliance Flugel mouthpiece, which are based on DW.
    Does anyone know which Alliance Flugel mouthpiece compares to a DW4F??
    On the site of DW I can read the bore,cup diameter,rim width, but the site of roger gives me only the cup diameter.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    DW
    Flugelmouthpiece
    14F4 GP
    The DW 4 F
    DW 4F
  3. cornydevil

cornydevil Member

I played on a DW 2FL and then changed to an Alliance 2FL which was the DW equivalent. I found it to be a superb mouthpiece with a very comfortable rim (I believe there are two different rim options). I am not sure whether they do a 4FL equivalent though.

4. Par10

Par10 Member

For a long time I was searching for a Flugel and Cornet mouthpiece with the same rim configurations, I was playing a DW3B on Cornet and a DW3RW on Flugel. I have found the Curry 3VC for Cornet and the Curry 3FLD for Flugel to be very comfortable and to have a really good tone. Hope this helps.

5. Flugelfrank

Flugelfrank Member

Well, finally I found my perfect Flugelmouthpiece, I ordered an alliance 3 CF (gold rim)from Roger and for me its absolutely perfect, nice warm sound, comfortable Rim and easy playing! Our Solo Flugel section in our fanfare band all switched to Alliance!!

I think in the future many dutch Fanfare players will switch from DW to an Alliance!!

Cheers Frank

Ps (for sale DW 4F:)))))))))))))))))))))