Alternate brass banders' names

Discussion in 'Thread Games & Totally Random...' started by Dave Payn, Feb 28, 2006.

1. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Inspired as I was by (a) the 'Tough one, this' thread and the 'tradition' of making up alternative names for those in the classical music field (i.e. Herbert von Caravan, Andrew Preview, Placido Flamingo, Orange Juice etc.) I thought I'd start a thread whereby we can offer alternate names for brass band personalities. All in the best possible taste of course.....

So I'll kick off with

Raf van Hoovering

and

Roy Nuisance

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Herbert von Caravan
    Andrew Preview
    Placido Flamingo
    Orange Juice
    alternate names
  3. The other son

The other son Member

Joseph Cock

4. GingerMaestro

GingerMaestro Active Member

All_in Morrison_s

5. Ellie

Ellie Member

i not sure i can offer alternative to personalities, i can however offer alternative names for pieces we play
    E.g Hootenanny is affectionatly known as Shoot your Granny in my band

6. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

Roger Webster's not really an alternative name, but did send a certain 1950s singer called booth running for cover! :biggrin:

How about that famous Marxist composer Derek Bourgeoisie? (Bit intellectual that one + only changes one letter!)

When we used to play "Whiter Shade Of Pale" in Juniors, it just had WSOP written on top of the parts, which we used to say stood for "What a Shockin' Ol' Piece."

How some of us who aren't fond of it refer to "Light walk" shouldn't take much working out. :shock:

7. Feefee

Feefee Member

Hell' and band