Alta Vista - Recording ????

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Jacob Larsen, Oct 11, 2009.

1. Jacob Larsen

Jacob Larsen Member

Im looking for a recording of "Alta Vista" by Bruce Fraser.... Has it been recorded yet ??????????
  2. Daisy Duck

Daisy Duck Member

They record all the performances at the Nationals - so somewhere, there are 19 recordings of varying standards of the 4th section finalists from a fortnight ago. St Brewards band won it so they'd be the ones to go for.

I think there is normally a CD of all the winning bands performances from the National Championships each year. I don't know how long you'd have to wait for that though.
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2009
  3. Elliebone

Elliebone Member

The Harrogate recording we have at Dronfield Band is of good quality....and the playing's not too bad either :-D
  4. Robhibberd29

Robhibberd29 Active Member

Well you did come second! ;-)

Still waiting for my Maltby recording...
  5. How did you get / order copies of your performances from the finals?

6. Elliebone

Elliebone Member

Sorry - don't know. Our supremely well organised Treasurer sorted it. I'll ask him and get back to you.
  7. Elliebone

Elliebone Member

Sorry about that Rob. :oops:

You had more celebratory beer though! ;)
  8. KMJ Recordings

KMJ Recordings Supporting Member

Give Doyen a ring - they normally record it.....orders are somtimes placed on the day at the WoB tradestand....but if didn't do it on the day try asking at the office....01457 820138.
  9. Elliebone

Elliebone Member

It is a Doyen recording that we have - so the info from KMJ should get you access to it.
  10. IJK

IJK Member

iF YOU ARE ON FACEBOOK and join the Dronfield brass band group they have put theirs on there

Ian K
  11. Elliebone

Elliebone Member

Did you listen to it Ian? If so, what did you think?
  12. IJK

IJK Member

Yes have listened to it and I was sad and have a score so followed through. It was a good performance but cant really judge it as havent heard what you were against to be honest.

There was a few nerves but not many and some tuning and intonation in sctions that could of been better. I could give you a whole review but you have a guy in the middle John D who knows what the bands weaknesses are and what was strong and you guys will be a force to beat next year.

But I am looking forward to that
  13. Elliebone

Elliebone Member

Thanks for that. I value your opinion.:)