Alliance David Childs Baritone Mouthpieces

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Besson2056, Nov 26, 2013.

1. Besson2056

Besson2056 New Member

I am wondering if anyone has any thoughts on these please. I'm currently using a Denis Wick SM Ultra 6 mouthpiece but are thinking of changing/upgrading as I have heard some good things about the DC range. The SM6BU is a good mouthpiece but intonation sometimes suffers and it can be hard work at times. Would appreciate anyone's comments on these. Thanks

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    David Childs Baritone Mouthpieces
    SM Ultra 6
    Denis Wick
    DC
    SM6BU
  3. Ianroberts

Ianroberts Well-Known Member

Just remember this: the better the kit you have, the less excuses you have ! stick with the dodgy mouthpiece and that glazed over expression us baritone players have perfected over the years when challenged by the MD.

Also, if you can put some grit in the 3rd valve you'll never be expected to play those fast twiddly chromatic thingy bobs again !

Last edited: Nov 27, 2013
  4. Ianroberts

oh yes, while I remember as well, all them there lip trilly, finger flapping warm ups are for armatures, proper baritone players use radiators !

5. Ianroberts

of course the warm up technique does need perfecting, this one was left there just a bit too long !

[​IMG]

6. Ianroberts

Oh, don't thank me will you !

:mad::mad:

7. Besson2056

Besson2056 New Member

Hey sorry about that. Haven't been near a computer for a few days. Nothing like being a skilled water key emptier though lol