Alliance Brass website.

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by lewis, Mar 21, 2005.

1. lewis

lewis Member

The Alliance Brass Band is proud to announce the launch of its website

The management of Alliance Brass has become aware that there is an Alliance Brass quintet based in Edinburgh. We would like to take this opportunity to state that this quintet has absolutely no links whatsoever with the Alliance Brass Band.
  2. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Have you added your URL to the tMP Links Directory yet...?
  3. ScrapingtheBottom

ScrapingtheBottom Active Member

How many players do you have? Wow!

Like the site, very funny player bios.
  4. MajorMorgan

MajorMorgan Member

Love the site - very stylish photography (in some cases!) and great bios.

Lewis, why didn't you put the lovely photo of Megan up that she sent to Becky on Friday?!
  5. Meg

Meg Member

Because I don't want him to! That's why I sent it to Becky and not Lewis!

If it does make its way on there somehow I would like to point out that the camera caught me at the wrong angle. I was absolutely not drunk. At all.
  6. lewis

lewis Member

Tim if she doesn't come with one soon then it might well appear on the website! Megs did you get off ok the s'morning? Didn't envy that early start!
  7. lewis

lewis Member

We always seem to have to bring in 8 or 9 new players for every contest so the list has grown a lot over the years. It hasn't been much fun trying to pictures and biogs for eveyone, and as you can see I've failed miserably.:oops:
  8. lewis

lewis Member

I'm struggling to work out how to do this, can you help please?
  9. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

I think it looks good Lewis. It is nice and simple, quite eye pleasingand has some good pictures.

P.S. Nice meeting you the other day, sorry about your result as I imagine you might be a little disappointed.
  10. NAS

NAS Member

Ha ha... I like Dave Geoghans pic!
  11. MajorMorgan

MajorMorgan Member

Hi Neil!

Looks like I stuffed up your chance of winning the prediction competition yesterday by coming first and not third like you predicted....Sorry!
  12. NAS

NAS Member

Ha ha... dont worry mate, I wont hold it against you:p

Congratulations to you all!
  13. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

Very nice website. Like already mentioned a few times, the pictures are excellent!

Only two small remarks:
    (1) Why the splash screen?
    (2) I know it is difficult to make a website that fits all monitor resolutions, but your website only uses a small part of my screen (which is at 1280x1024). it seems like such a waist of computer screen...:rolleyes:
  14. lewis

lewis Member

It's just the design that we decided on really. It's very central and each page is concise.
  15. lewis

lewis Member

And you Pat. It's safe to say we were a little dissappointed but today's a new day hey? We're gutted we won't be competing in London but it might give us the chance to take on Pontins! I have been there for 8 years now and I remember it being quite a weekend;)

Had a long chat with Chris after speaking to you as well so fingers crossed but I won't hold my breath.
  16. sterlingsop

sterlingsop Member

Very nice looking site and v funny bios. Some cracking photography too - am I right in assuming John Clark is responsible?

Very nice photo of John too.....!
  17. Robb

Robb New Member

Yes the photography is mostly John's work. I'm not sure he can (or would like to) take credit for some of the more 'memorable' pictures though!
  18. Owen S

Owen S Member

Accessibility issues are one of two reasons for not using a Splash intro, whereas accessibility issues are the main reason for designing for a lower screen resolution.

Actually, the main reason these introductions were only really popular for a few months in about 1999 or so is that generally-speaking they waste people's time when they'd prefer to be looking at real content.

That said, once you get to the actual content, it's interesting, and it looks good. Nice. :)
  19. SteveT

SteveT Member

Great Website

Am I right in assuming that John is responsible for many of the photo's. very nice professional touches.

Like the way you don't take yourselves too seriously in the bios.

Well done
  20. lewis

lewis Member

John took all the pictures for the front pages and then I think it's pretty obvious which individual photos he took.

We've never taken ourselves that seriously, we just enjoy getting together for a blow and a beer.