Allen Vizzutti

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by LeDragon, Feb 2, 2007.

1. LeDragon

LeDragon Active Member

This is quality.
  2. andyp

andyp Active Member

If you think that's quality (and boy is it!) have a listen to his own version of Carnival of Venice on his CD, with piano. It is insane. Last varie a bit like Arban's but down and up 2 or 3 octaves on alternate bars - incredible.
  3. davidquinlan

davidquinlan Member

And that's not the hard bit.... :)

Check out the Trumpet Summit CD he recorded with Bobby Shew and Vince DeMartino... some stunning playing on that too.
  4. GJG

GJG Well-Known Member

Nice. Thought the double-C in the final cadenza was a bit sharp; overblowing, perhaps ... ?

[Runs and hides]

... Mind you, I think I'd quite like to be capable of overblowing on a double-C ...
  5. Tom-King

Tom-King Well-Known Member

6. jingleram

jingleram Active Member

Incredible! Nice trick turing the trumpet around and upside down lol! I'll try that with my euph next time I play this!
  7. andyp

andyp Active Member

I (being a bit sad) tried that upside down thing while warming up before last night's rehearsal.......all I did was hurt the top of my fingers. A lot:oops: .And get very wrong notes!

Must have very light valves and springs!

Think if you try it on euph you might break your fingers......
  8. Baritonedeaf

Baritonedeaf Member

9. Bryan_sop

Bryan_sop Active Member

The Carnival de Venus is impossible, Someone emailed me the mp3 and the sheet music and I can't even get near playing most of it!

Of course...I'm not condoning the illegal copying and sharing of material...I was sent it without even asking.....
  10. Jonny5Stars

Jonny5Stars New Member

Amazing. He plays so effortlessly.
  11. Texus

Texus Member

Check out sandoval playing 'A night in tunisia' on the same site - as recommended by DaveQ!
  12. trumpetmike

trumpetmike Active Member

I heard him play that piece live a couple of years ago - he handed out copies of the part beforehand so that people could "keep score" (his words).

He then announced that he couldn't actually play the piece.
    In a way he was correct, there were a couple of splits on the way through - but he could still play it MUCH, MUCH, MUCH more accurately then anyone in the room.
  13. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

:eek: ... even more accurately than yourself Mike? (only joking)
  14. trumpetmike

trumpetmike Active Member

If I could get close I would be happy:D

I can manage the theme, I can manage the cadenzas - beyond that, I'm in trouble.

He's also a much nicer guy than I am
  15. Bryan_sop

Bryan_sop Active Member

Me too, If I could get even nearly close I'd be extatic!..thing is, in that clip...he makes it look easy! I can play super c's... but not like that?!
  16. davidquinlan

davidquinlan Member

I can play OK C's , sometimes good C's .. not super, do they count :)