Allardyce Leaves Newcastle

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Bass Man, Jan 9, 2008.

1. Bass Man

Bass Man Active Member

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Allardyce
    Alan Shearer
    Steve McLaren
    replacement
  3. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Blimey he didn't last long did he?? He was great at Bolton, but I don't think his style was ever gonna suit a club like Newcastle.

4. IYOUNG

IYOUNG Member

Agreed
    Give hime time to build a side, some say?
    What like the Bolton way of playing..............

Is that what you really want?

5. Duck of demolition

Duck of demolition New Member

I could see him going, especially after drawing to stoke. But as ferguson said, it's too short time to judge a manager. I reckon that they'll approach mourinho but not get him and have someone like Martin Jol, well, of that ilk.

6. stephen_clapton

stephen_clapton New Member

Well tMP's very own MRSH is currently up in Newcastle, so maybe he will be announced as Manager in the next few days????? ;)

7. Bungle

Bungle Member

I should think Sam would be glad to be shot of those bunch of loafers. The game against Stoke was poor, but I think it was more down to the players than the manager, Vaduka was about as sharp as a tree stump. Still more points for the other teams in the premiership. Doubt any decent manager would touch them with a barge pole now.

8. Bass Man

Bass Man Active Member

I was in ASDA this morning and caught sight of one of the papers, the Sun or the Mirror (obviously highly reputable sources) and they were favouring Redknapp - I think not!

9. Duck of demolition

Duck of demolition New Member

I heard on the radio that Redknapp had cancelled himsen out

10. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

Ha-ha-ha - They wouldn't pay me enough so I turned it down ;)

I quite like Allardyce although I didn't particularly like Bolton for some reason.

I think it's ridiculous they recruit a new manager in the summer who inherits (mostly) an existing squad of misfits. It gets to the transfer window and they sack him. I heard a rumour he was only going to be given £8m to spend anyway - or was that what he got as the pay off of his contract :rolleyes:

11. Bass Man

Bass Man Active Member

I don't know about the £8m but I agree with you. The should have given him the chance to build a decent side and see what he can do with them before sacking him like they did.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Allardyce
    Alan Shearer
    Steve McLaren
    replacement
  13. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

Having said this he did sign nine players during the summer at a total of £26m (Joey Barton (£5.8m), David Rozehnal (£2.9m) and Alan Smith (£6m) amongst them) :confused:

14. dave jake

dave jake Member

Hot off the Tyneside rumour mill Martin O Niel spotted at Newcastle airport at teatime!

15. Pythagoras

Pythagoras Active Member

Why would anybody of the class of O'Neill or Redknapp leave their current team to manage Newcastle? Eight managers in 11 years speaks for itself. Half the fans seem to have deluded themselves into thinking that they are as big as the big four, and unless they're in the top six the manager should be sacked.

They haven't won anything since 1958, and won't do if they carry on like this.

16. JimboFB

JimboFB Active Member

Get Keegan back - PLEASE!!!

I loved the kamikazee days of the late 90's!

It was so much more fun. I prefer the fact that Newcastle used to be glorious failures rather than just cr@p!

17. IYOUNG

IYOUNG Member

Nail on head here

Newcastle are a club that needs and wants a manager who is Charasmatic, maybe be enticing some of the players coming to the end of glorious careers........

I always got the impression that as long as they football played was exciting to watch a trophy was very much a bonus.

Allardice and Newcastle wrong combination.

Redknapp won't be any better than Allardyce