All the leaves are brown, and the sky is grey........

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by sugarandspice, Aug 18, 2006.

1. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

......I went for a walk, on a winters day.....

Well it is a good song, but its seems to be a good reflection of the weather at the moment.

I did go for a walk today, and there were thunder storms and it kept raining! (not the best walk i grant you!) its been like that off and on all week.

A women at work did offer an explanation- they are April showers, its just were a bit slow down here in cornwall so its taken us a while to catch up! Hmmm!

Whats happening tho? I feel like summer has "shifted" forward and it feels better in May than it does in August these days.

Also, the trees are turning brown?!! Whats that all about?! I thought Autum wasn't till October?

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    song
    showers
    reflection
    walk
    bit
  3. dyl

dyl Active Member

Tell me about it. We have our annual band barbecue planned for 5pm tomorrow night - with over 100 people supposed to be turning up! Eeek! Will be fun - soggy burgers and hotdogs!

4. SuperMosh

SuperMosh New Member

Is Ian Perks providing your sausages Dyl?:biggrin:

5. dyl

dyl Active Member

No.

6. sugarandspice

Short and Sweet :)

Hope the weather holds out for your BBQ, tho i really would suggest next year you reschedule for June, might stand half a chance of getting better weather then?!

Other suggestion- get a tent? at least your hot dog wont be soggy then!

7. SuperMosh

SuperMosh New Member

Good idea I suppose. One can only wonder at the harmful bacteria which may fester on the journey from the West Midlands to North Wales I suppose. Can't be too careful with Food Safety these days. :clap:

8. SuperMosh

SuperMosh New Member

My concern for Dyl and his banding brethern's food safety aside, I would also like to add I hope the weather holds out for you mate and you have a good 'un!

9. dyl

dyl Active Member

Nothing to do with bacteria or food standards mate - I just prefer plain 100% pork sausages - no fancy ingredients like venison and black pudding for me!

Thanks - guess we should think of a plan B just in case! Hold on - I have it. Plan B = PUB!!!!

10. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

We had our band bbq in June (the day after Bugle) and it was cold and it rained! :tongue: and I had my leg in plaster and I got waited on hand and foot!

11. Flutey

Flutey Active Member

Isn't plan A normally pub?!?! Plan B would be... bar :confused: ;)

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    song
    showers
    reflection
    walk
    bit
  13. julestools

julestools Active Member

Tend to move my barbie into my shed if the weather looks bad. Had to be done for my 40th party. Bouncy castle, hog roast, bar, barbie and disco all inside the shed (April would not let me on the bouncy castle though) There was still room for a few guests too (big shed)
    Am camping in wales next week so it will rain loads (always does when i am there)

xx

Jules

14. dyl

dyl Active Member

Ah - Plan A involves a bar! So Plan B is the pub! ;)

15. Flutey

Flutey Active Member

Oops sorry! Well, I am only in training... ;)

16. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

I don't care about the weather. Am flying out to Ibiza on Monday...:D
    Will think of you all with your umbrellas and waterproofs as I lounge by the pool, topping up my tan.
    Love you all
    BMB
    xx

17. sugarandspice

And i'll think of you paralysed with fear as the plane takes off :p Sorry! But it's just not fair and i need a holiday!

18. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Not once the tranqs kick in...
    BMB
    xx

19. SuperMosh

SuperMosh New Member

Good points, well made! :clap: