All Star Brass in aid of the Japanese Tsunami

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by 3rdcornetsolo, Mar 28, 2011.

1. 3rdcornetsolo

3rdcornetsolo Member

Where: Peel Hall, Salford

When: Sunday 3rd April at 7pm

The event which is being organised by Natsumi McDonald and Fumika Kimura of Fodens and Marrianne Garbutt from Salford University will feature players from Fodens, Faireys, Leyland, Hammonds Saltaire, Middleton and Fulham Bands.

As well as a number of guest soloists and conductors.

The programme will showcase a number of new compositions and arrangements donated especially for the event.

The band will be recording a CD with all proceeds from both the CD and the event going to the British Red Cross.

Please come along and support this event that is very close to our hearts.
  2. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

I have made this thread a stickie so it's always at the top of the list.

Good luck with the concert, hope it goes well for you.
  3. KMJ Recordings

KMJ Recordings Supporting Member

You missed out Wingates and the University of Salford Brass Band....Jess is playing ;)

Best of luck with it, I'll be there listening on Sunday night :)
  4. dhanimiller

dhanimiller Member

and Tyldesley Band! :p

This is definitely going to be a really special night, it's really nice to see the banding community uniting for such an important cause.
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2011
  5. dibbler

dibbler New Member

And a player from Blackburn and Darwen Band. Looks to be a really good night.
  6. 3rdcornetsolo

3rdcornetsolo Member

Ah apologies to those players i missed from Wingates, Blackburn and Darwen and Tyldesley.

But please, please everyone get yourselves down to this great event.
  7. Space Cowboy

Space Cowboy Member

Mr 3rd Cornetsolo I hope that in the name of charity your are going to be doing a 3rd cornet solo.

I suggest a standard of the cornet repertoire, say Carnival of Venice.

Standing in front of the band playing the 3rd cornet part as if the solo part, that would be cool, and I know you're the only 3rd cornet solo player who could pull this off.
  8. 3rdcornetsolo

3rdcornetsolo Member

Thanks mate... Obviously tMp-ers with any musicality can pledge good money NOT to hear me play too (surely worth a fiver of anyones hard earned).
    Or you can turn up on Sunday to see this fantastic band play some fab music for a great cause.

Obviously if you can't come you can still donate by downloading the fantastic arrangement of Crimond from the fodens website.
  9. Cochyn

Cochyn Member

Will be there to support, good event :)