All I Ask Of You (Duet)

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by dlangor, Jan 8, 2011.

1. dlangor

dlangor New Member

Does anyone out there know where I might obtain the brass band score & parts for 'All I Ask Of You' (A. Lloyd-Webber, arr. Greenwood). This is a soprano cornet and euphonium duet.
    Thank-you

2. DMBabe

DMBabe Supporting Member

3. Baton twirler

Baton twirler Member

It used to be published by Music For Brass in Ossett I think, try Banks or Band Supplies they used to trade with them some years ago.

4. John_D

John_D Member

I thought that the Greenwood arrangement was for Bb cornet and Euph as well, seem to remember the cornet comes in on a top 'A' :D

5. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

It is. Brings to mind a concert from years ago when our normally solid principal cornet missed every single top A :oops: :biggrin:

6. DMBabe

DMBabe Supporting Member

:clap: Can't beat a bit of consistent playing..... maybe that's why some bands transposed it onto sop?? :roll:

7. cornet96

cornet96 New Member

i remember Alan Morrison playing this with Grimethorpe who was on Euph Billy Miller?

8. John_D

John_D Member

I think that the cornet part goes down to D, so if transposed onto sop that would be G below the stave - do sops go that low ;)

9. bigsound

bigsound Member

i think the euph was the good dr.

10. John_D

John_D Member

I think that you may well be right

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    All I Ask Of You
    A. Lloyd-Webber
    Greenwood
    euphonium duet
    soprano cornet
  12. dlangor

dlangor New Member

Thanks for all of the replies. I contacted several music suppliers (those suggested by others) and the consensus seems to be that this arrangement is out of print (and has been for many years). I don't know if the original arrangement was for Bb cornet/euph or soprano cornet/euph, but the sound clip that I have features soprano cornet. I believe that this arrangement is much nicer than the Fernie duet arrangement (Bb cornet/euph). Does anyone know how to reach P H Greenwood (the arranger)? Or does anyone have a copy of this arrangement that we might borrow? Thanks for any suggestions.

13. Baton twirler

Baton twirler Member

Try Chris Ellis at Music For Brass (Aceprint) in Ossett, West Yorkshire, he used to do most of Phil Greenwood's arrangements in the early days.

14. John_D

John_D Member

Digging through a box of old sample copies I can confirm that the Greenwood arrangement is for Bb cornet and Euphonium. If you have a recording of this arrangement for sop/euph I can only suggest that someone has re-arranged the cornet part to be played on sop.