All England Masters....A European Qualification place

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by BrassNeil, Dec 1, 2003.

Should the Master's Champs be invited to the Europeans, as English reps?

1. Yes

2. No

3. Yes in addition to Current Reps

1. BrassNeil

BrassNeil New Member

recent article suggested that a qualifaction place for the English representatives at the Europeans should be from the all England Masters Champs. A fair point which does have some merit especially as we Scots have our Scottish Championship, which also run as a regional contest for the National and the Welsh also have their own Champion Band. Personnally I think it is a good idea to have a dedicated place for the Champion band of England rather than a best from another contest(Nationals) that could even of been the band placed 5th or worse (unlikely I know).

2. Darth_Tuba

Darth_Tuba Active Member

I think this should be the case, but ONLY if you can get ALL the top English bands to compete. Dyke and Grimey will most likely decline the invite as usual, and I wouldn't be surprised if another big name didn't pass on it this year.
  3. AndyCat

AndyCat Active Member

Don't think it would be too fair, as the Masters is an INVITATION ONLY contest. You can hardly "qualify" if you're not invited.
  4. Darth_Tuba

Darth_Tuba Active Member

Yep, that's the other major problem... who gets invited to the Masters is not based on any official qualification procedure, just the bands that the organisers would like to attend... hardly fair on everyone.
  5. mutsuj

mutsuj Member

What's wrong with the current process of qualifying through the Nationals.?