All Brass Band Radio Top 20 Nov 2016

Discussion in 'Sponsor Announcements' started by DocFox, Dec 1, 2016.

1. DocFox

DocFox Retired

Top 20 List for November 2016 as voted on by listeners:
    1. Oberaargauer Brass Band - Gettysburg (Reunion And Finale)
    2. Pikes Peak Brass Band - Seize The Day
    3. The Brighouse & Rastrick Band - Linconshire Poacher
    4. All Star Girls Of Brass - 1812 Overture
    5. NSK-RHP Ransom Band - John Williams The Movies
    6. Brass Band Of Battle Creek - Lohengrin
    7. Fodens Band - Procession to the Minster
    8. Mossley Band - The Children Of Sanchez
    9. Desford Colliery Caterpillar Band - Procession Of The Nobles
    10. Hendon Salvation Army Band - Temple 85
    11. Black Dyke Mills Band - Wild West! (Best Of Ennio Morricone)
    12. Fairey Band - Overture From The Bartered Bride
    13. Hamilton Temple - Glasnost
    14. The International Staff Band - The Wellingtonians
    15. Fodens Band - Dundonnell from Hymn of the Highlands
    16. Brass Band Of Battle Creek - Motown Medley
    17. Amsterdam Staff Band - Donegal Bay (Baritone Soloist: Jorijn Van Hese)
    18. Pikes Peak Brass Band - Barnacle Bill
    19. Grimethorpe Colliery Band - William Tell Overture
    20. YBS Band - Dundonnell

No real surprises this month. The fantastic music of the Movie Series on the American Civil War, from chapter 2 Gettysburg played by Oberaargauer Brass Band finished first (and was in the top 10 last month). Pikes Peak Brass Band's rendition of Seize the Day was first in the voting last month and was second this month. Pikes Peak also finished in the top 20 with their performance of Barnacle Bill. Pikes Peak was the 1st Division winner of the North American Brass Band Association (NABBA) annual championships.

This month, many of my favorites made the top 20. I am glad to see Dundonnell and The William Tell Overture on the list along with The Procession to the Minister.

You can hear the station at www.allbrassradio.com. The station plays nothing but brass band music 24/7/365! Also, you can find links to play the station on other devices. Right now there are no adverts on the station due to generous donors. I still play will over 60% of the costs out of my pocket and could use some help. Information on giving can be found on the front page.

Added last month was Chris Helmes wonderful show "Sunday Bandstand" which plays a Noon Eastern Time and 5PM in London each Sunday. A repeat show plays a 5PM Eastern Time on Wednesdays, and 10 PM in London (and in the morning in Australia, New Zealand, and Japan.

Thanks to all!

Jim