All Brass Band Radio Top 20 for April 2009

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by DocFox, May 1, 2009.

1. DocFox

DocFox Supporting Member

Top 20 List for April 2009

1. Britannia Building Society - The Old Chalet - Rule Brittania
    2. Foden's Richardson Band - Summon the Heroes - Kaleidoscope
    3. Grimethorpe Colliery (UK Coal) Band - Indiana Jones And The Temple Of Doom - The Best of Grimethorpe
    4. Foden's Richardson Band - A Scottish Hymn - Kaleidoscope
    5. Oberaargauer Brass Band - Grease - The Great Film Heroes
    6. Whitburn Band - Symphonic Suite From 'Mary Poppins' - Young At Heart
    7. Fodens Richardson Band - Finale from Checkmate - Patrons' Choice
    8. Grimethorpe Colliery UK Coal Band - Superman - Movie Brass
    9. Foss Dyke Band - A Nightingale Sang in Berkeley Square - Fanfare from Foss Dyke
    10. Kirsty Abbotts with Carlton Main Frickley Colliery Band - Grace - Soliloquy

11. International Staff Band - Torchbearers - Centenary Concert Eric Ball
    12. Grimethorpe Colliery Band - MacArthur Park - Brass in Concert Championships
    13. YBS Band - Alladale - Hymn of the Highlands
    14. The Las Vegas Brass Band - My One And Only Love (Trombone Solo) - Las Vegas Swing
    15. Osaka Harmony - Suki Yaki - The Nationals Brisbane 2006
    16. Fodens Courtois Band - Battle of Trafalgar - Centenary Brass
    17. Black Dyke Band - Brillante - Epic Brass
    18. Salvation Army - Wind Beneath My Wings - Together
    19. Whitburn Band - Bells Of Dunblane - Victory
    20. Carolina Crown - September - Finis

As always I would like to thank my Sponsors who make the station possible.

Midland CD - one of the top sellers in the world of Brass Band and Military Band CDs

LiemarTech - makes of all natural lip balms, Chop-Sticks embouchure training tools and other aids for players.

LOUD Mouthpieces -- get a performance edge with a stainless steel mouthpiece from LOUD mouthpieces. I play one and can tell you first hand they are well worth the money.

Flip Oakes Wild Thing Cornets, Flugels and Trumpets. These are some of the best instruments on the planet and not very well known. Amazing instruments with dynamite control.

2. DocFox

DocFox Supporting Member

No, you are not going crazy. I closed the station. No longer to be found. The reasons are many. But it is no longer there.

3. ScotsGuyInWales

ScotsGuyInWales New Member

Jim, Thanks for all the pleasure I've got from your station, it's going to be missed by me at least. Thanks again for all your hard work..

4. DocFox

DocFox Supporting Member

Thanks all. I got over 40 emails or PMs. I think I found a new broadcaster (a legal one, I would do it no other way) that will charge only what you use. My old company charged a "one size fits all" and I was paying WAY to much.

Watch here. New links and the old station may be BACK! This is great news for me, as it was a labour of love for me.

5. DocFox

DocFox Supporting Member

Back up and running!

96KB Streaming MP3. Much better quality. No bells or whistles yet -- they are coming. But the basic station is ON THE AIR.

Check it out at:

6. DocFox

DocFox Supporting Member

To get things working again properly, with some cool bells and whistles, I have to restart the server to make the changes active.

So if you cannot log on, try again in about 10 minutes.

A new and better site is coming.

Thanks to all.

7. DocFox

DocFox Supporting Member

Sorry for the "drop outs" if you have been listening (and lots have!). Strange names with weird characters will make the braodcaster stop out of "confusion". Tonight (US time) I am going through every track (350 and counting) and check.

It really shouldn't happen anymore.

News update:

I paid a programmer to make a player that will show the CD cover, have a 5 star rating system for each track and will show info like playlist, track, artist, etc. Should take about a week to get it done.

When it is done, it will be COOL! Instead of up or down voting, you can vote from 1 to 5. That is much better info. Also seeing the cover will help you, the listener, decide on CDs to buy.

Lastly, I need to publicly thank:

Flip Oakes. Not only does he sell the best cornets, trumpets and flugels around (with apologies to Leigh at Eclipse, as he does find work) but know my troubles (my wife may have cancer) helped me to revive the station.

Looking to have your instrument tuned up or to buy the last instrument you will need, contact flip. He is an honest Gentleman that will help. Visit his site at

I also, in the same way, need to thank Joe Murphy of LOUD mouthpieces. He too did not want the station to die for lack of funding. He makes the very best mouthpieces in Stainless Steel for low brass. He also now makes trumpet mouthpieces. He is a Gentleman and when I thought I had to close the station, he told me to keep his money as he knew medical bill were mounting (BTW, 20 tests later we now know that my wife DOES NOT have Leukemia).

Visit his site a