All Brass Band Internet Radio Station Now at 128K

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by DocFox, Mar 14, 2010.

1. DocFox

DocFox Supporting Member

After months of work, planning, programming and the generosity of donations the new All Brass Band radio has two major improvements.

First, we have gone to 128K. That is CD quality broadcasting. It is an amazing sound. Second, the player has been reformatted to show the last 10 tracks played.

Because of the recession, I no longer have any official sponsors. I depend on donations to make the station work. I would take on only a few sponsors (reaching about 40 listeners around the world every hour 24/7) if interested, email me at

For a month or two there will be a few mistakes, especially with the covers. I have 545 tracks up now and would like to put up another 500. If your band has a CD they would like to donate I will make sure it gets play time.

128K CD QUALITY. You must tune in and hear it at

Also, if you have question or comments, the same email works for that.

2. VB17c

VB17c New Member

Brilliant! Just had a listen. Nice to see you flying the flag for brass bands in the States. I keep in contact with Martin Tousignant over there- a fine composer and arranger.
    Mike Eades
  3. DocFox

DocFox Supporting Member

Thanks for the nice note. Martin and I know each other well. I started a small publishing company for awhile (darn economy) and he was a big part of it.

4. VB17c

VB17c New Member

I know what you mean Jim. I had a store on Sibelius which only broke even because of costs, and music I have sold to publishers in the UK seems to generate sales but not royalties, or in the case of my latest deal the publisher's website has gone without any warning. Never mind c'est la vie! it's only a hobby after all.
  5. DocFox

DocFox Supporting Member

Only a hobby ... unless you are Lovitt-Cooper, or Sparke, or John Williams or Eric Ball. Hard to be a great composer. I have a Ph.D. That is MUCH easier than writing music and making a living from it.