all AS/A level students....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by trombelle, Mar 11, 2004.

1. trombelle

trombelle Member

i just wanted to say to anyone who got their module/resit results back today, I hope you all did ok!!! :D

well better than me anyway........ :?

2. jameshowell

jameshowell Active Member

Yeah, me too, hope everyone did ok.....

...and those who didnt do as they hoped, no need to worry, you can retake in June, so no worries :lol:

Fortunatley my results were better than I had hoped :p

3. aimee_euph

aimee_euph Member

i forgot about them actually!

i only took 2 exams, i got a C in Sociology and a D in Media (one mark off a C) so im going to resit media!

4. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

OUCH! Unlucky :?

5. trombelle

trombelle Member

oooh well if eveyone is revealing all....

i got a U in maths :oops: (5 marks off an E lol!)

ahhh well.....bring on the june resits!!!

6. HBB

HBB Active Member

Maths is hard anyway! :D

7. neiltwist

neiltwist Active Member

until you know it, then it's easy. it's always the way.

8. trombelle

trombelle Member

thats the thing...i thought i did know it!!! :shock:

9. Jo Elson

Jo Elson Member

Hope everyone did ok too. I got my first a2 module results, i think i will have to resit 2 though to the grade the uni want, and because todays results bring my overall marks down to a 'c' and a 'd'.oops!!!

10. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

Good luck to you all!
    I'm not at all jealous of you, I hated resits. I think I resat one Chemistry module (in the old system~pre AS levels) 4 times! It worked out in the end though(just about :? ) so stick at it!

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    students
    anyone
    resit results
    :D
    module
  12. managed to get U's in both my first module of A2 biolgy and one in a resit,
    but i got a C for general studies :roll:

so there is some hope for me yet
    resits here i come 8)

13. Okiedokie of Oz

Okiedokie of Oz Active Member

Signs of a different Education system.

The only subject I was allowed to retake was English, which was my saving grace. They wanted to fail me because I said Shakespeare wasn't teaching me tuba, my tuba teacher was. I hated my music lessons being in class time!! I also missed accounting, and just barely failed there.

I did, however pass Music and Physics, and got an A on prgramming languages!!!

I screwed up bigtime in maths, every time i thought I had it, I didn't. Also I got marked down for not having working out in the easier stuff. Get this, in year 10, I actually got all the questions right, and still failed a maths test!!!

14. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

i remember exams... horrible things, that's why I delayed going to uni! Good luck to all!

I didn alright in my a-levels, only failed one of them... music! :D

15. Okiedokie of Oz

Okiedokie of Oz Active Member

While hindsight is 20-20 vision, part of me regrets going to uni straight away. I've developed an interest of late in instrument repairs and the business side too. Perhaps if I had done a fitting and turning apprenticeship, then a traineeship in instrumental repairs, I would be happier. Butthat's not syaing I love teaching. Just that I hate uni.

16. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

Indeed! Although I don't regret going to uni straightaway, maybe if I'd taken a year out I may not have ended up doing 2 years of my degree only to then drop out. At least I now know what I want to do and the best part of that is that I get to be a fresher again in September :D :D :D

17. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

Hope everybody did as well as they hoped! Here's a great plug for me as well :lol: Any tMPers in need of a Biology tutor (in the Manc area) give me a shout....may even give you a tMP discount 8)

18. Hollso

Hollso Member

Did anyone do module 1 and 2 of AS geography? (recent urban change and coastlines)
    I got an A for coastlines and a U for urban change! it's impossible! My paper is one of the three thats being remarked. i've been depressed for the last day since i found out... *mutter grumble grumble*
    I got a C for Physics, and likewise for human Biology. A D in general studies. a mate of mine got full marks for it! (the UMS anyway)

19. Dawnys_flug

Dawnys_flug Member

Hope you all did as well as you hoped.
    Unfortunately, in all of the subjects i've taken, none of them had modues! :lol:
    But that does mean tonnes more work and exams towards summer. :(

20. Dave Euph

Dave Euph Member

Well done to everyone! (that's a dubious well done in some cases! :D)

I took A2 modules a year ago and about this time last year I got a B in maths and C in ICT ... I went on to get reasonable A Levels.