All area results now uploaded to BBW

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by Statto, Mar 30, 2007.

1. Statto

Statto Member

Just to let you know that all 40 area results for 2007 are now viewable on the BBW site and the new results filter (www.brassbandworld.com/results_filter.php)

See all 40 winners at a glance by running the filter with
    Year = 2007
    Contest= Area qualifiers (all areas all sections)
    Position = Winners

Clicking on the contest name in the resultant list brings up the full result (then click on the Pos and Draw headers to sort in rank and draw order respectively).

Go on, give it a whirl and let me know what you think. Please report and errors, especially conductor names.

Thanks Colin
    colin.bbw@btinternet.com

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    site
    contest name
    Position
    results filter
    filter
  3. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

Great resource - it must have taken a lot of time and hard work to put together :clap:

Only quibble I have based on the couple of searches I've done - the order that the results come out in seems a bit weird. If you search the 2007 areas for the top three bands in all sections, then all three are grouped together, but could be surrounded by a different section from a different area. If you just search for winners, it looks totally random! (Presumably it's in database order - LIFO or something like that?)

It would be easier to find the result you were looking for if it were sorted into groups in some way - either by section or area perhaps?

4. Statto

Statto Member

It's a good point and reminds me of the deliberations I had with myself to decide on a display order! In the end, I plumped for chronological order - the most recent contests are at the top - but it does then look a bit 'random' when displaying several contests that took place on the same day. Try searching for Black Dyke's National Finals record though, for example, and the order makes a bit more sense.

5. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

Yes, I should test more thoroughly before I wade in with an opinion! :oops:

Sorry!